fixing Code Corrupt Battery Low Cannot Program

csealpcr

Reaction score
i just wanted to say that i searched the net for awhile before i actually found a fix that worked for me and since it worked i wanted to share it with the world in the hopes that it becomes searchable, thank goodness for this fix.

only difference is hooked it up and wall charged it for 15 minutes:

There was tutorial that I read which involves splicing usb wires and connecting it straight to the battery to charge it. Id say if you have any spare usb wires and extra time to give it a shot and even possibly build something out of it. As for things online they make them not sure if ive seen any yet for the X though.

Found it: NOTE: I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGE DONE TO ANY PHONE, BATTERY, ETC. FOLLOW THESE STEPS WITH CAUTION TO AVOID RISK OF DAMAGE.

1. Take your cable and cut off one of the ends, leaving a standard USB plug at the opposite end to plug into your computer.

2. Now you need to strip about and inch of the wire off until you get to the core where you should see 4 colored wires (red, black, white, and green). The colors don't really matter and they may vary, just as long as you can see a red wire and a black wire.

3. Strip off about a quarter inch of the rubber sleeving on the red and black cables, exposing the actual metal wire.

4. Twist the metal strands of each of the wires a couple of times so that all of the wires from the black cable are together and all of the wires from the red cable are together. This is just to make sure that you don't create a short circuit.

5. Here's where it gets a little tricky. You are going to use this cable to make the phone think the battery is fully charged, when in fact you will just be powering the phone using the power from the USB port. Pull out the battery on your phone and find the 4 exposed metal slots (the battery terminals).

6. Each of the far terminals should be labeled with a plus (+) or a minus (-). What you need to do is put exposed leads on the red wire up to the positive terminal and the leads of the black wire up to the negative terminal.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum. Glad to have you here.

I've never seen this issue before, but then again I don't read every post that comes across the board. I'm moving you to the tech issues area as I feel it's more appropriate here then in General Discussion.

I've got to hand it to you, I wouldn't have had the nerve to do all this stuff you did. Nice write up.

humanio

Reaction score
Can you be a little more specific on what you did? Did you tape the wire to the battery? The phone? For how long?

I have a usb cable ready and stripped, really want to get this battery issue solved.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just rub the battery contacts with a pencil eraser. Don't cut squat. Moto batteries are finicky and any crud can make them act up , causing your phone to not work right

Support Our Troops!! UltraKeyboarded from a wifi monolith.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can plug it up to a wall charger, and it will charge. This method is just asking for trouble.

OP
C

csealpcr

Reaction score
more info

i have read some of the replies and it looks like some of them didn't read but this cured my problem and the phone is still working great. couldn't charge the phone on the wall since the phone didn't have an os fully installed so i did it the way that i found on Google search and well it worked for me...

miketoasty

Reaction score
This is a fix for if you are trying to SBF and your battery is too low which will basically brick your phone unless you have another battery or use this method.

This is not meant for anything other than fixing SBF bootloader low battery cannot program error.

Nettechnologiz

Reaction score
OPs Thanks it worked like a charm without the need to buy an external battery charger! Yes people don't understand that WITHOUT an Operating System a droid's battery will NOT charge!!!

Nettechnologiz

Reaction score
Wiring rocks.... It's back to basics about electrical engineering! Thanks heaps OPs and the person who shared it with you!

rishk789

Reaction score
Hello all,

I modified an old USB cable to power up my dead Droid X (red and black wires from the cable in contact with the leads on the Droid X, so the battery was completely out of the picture). I SBFed back to 340, got to the stock restore, cleared data/cache, and booted into the welcome screen (where you type your GMail address, sync apps, etc.).

At this point, I disconnected the USB cable causing the phone to shut off (since there was no battery in it). After replacing the battery, the thing just won't charge (even though there's now a functional OS on the phone). I had it connected to my laptop, and the handset randomly booted up saying "your device battery is invalid and cannot be charged" before shutting its self back down.

Is there any way to "reset" the battery that I'm not aware of? This battery was working just fine earlier this afternoon, so I know it's not a "real" battery issue.

Thanks in advance for any help!