Navigation Voice

RAZRblade

Reaction score
You could always change the pitch

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

nightwo|f

Reaction score
I can't stand the default one in ICS. I was able to change the voice to the Ivona ones which are nice, however in Navigation it doesn't speak the street names. Is there a way to make the non-default TTS engines pronounce the street names in Navigation or did I miss something? Haven't tried any other engine other than Ivona just yet.

kmo

Reaction score
Couldn't get ivona or svox to work on my Nexus, ICS maybe? Using the stock UK English voice for now until a fix is out.

captdroid

Reaction score
Couldn't get ivona or svox to work on my Nexus, ICS maybe? Using the stock UK English voice for now until a fix is out.

Nope Ivona works fine on ICS. Been using it the USA Kendra voice with nav

kmo

Reaction score
Nope Ivona works fine on ICS. Been using it the USA Kendra voice with nav

Good for you, nice it's working for you. Care to elaborate on how you got it working? I've followed the instructions to the letter, more than once. Seems that I'm not the only one having issues getting this app to work right. I cannot get any voices from Ivona to load to my google navigation.....thanks for any help with this.

captdroid

Reaction score
Good for you, nice it's working for you. Care to elaborate on how you got it working? I've followed the instructions to the letter, more than once. Seems that I'm not the only one having issues getting this app to work right. I cannot get any voices from Ivona to load to my google navigation.....thanks for any help with this.

There is no loading the Ivona voice to google Nav. You simply select the Ivona option in language and input, text-to-speech in system settings and it will work. Maybe try clearing data and cache in maps. I simply followed the installation instruction for Ivona and the voice I wanted.

kmo

Reaction score
I'll try to clear my Navogation cache, I've done everything else as you stated...

RAZRblade

Reaction score
Make sure the voice is set in the same language as the system.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk