Navigation Voice

movieman999

Reaction score
Just thought it'd be a good thing to post;

Anybody notice Google Navigations new voice? It's really nice. Much more humanoid than previously. It would seem as though this is an improvement in ICS itself, not just Google Nav. Sweet. ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

MrKleen

Reaction score
I agree. It is so much nicer than before.

DHO

Reaction score
Ahhhh,.. I'm not a fan. The fact it "sounds" more humanoid just emphasizes the mechanical tones... if that makes sense.

Theres a thread currently on page 2 of the general forums about this and ways to swap voices.

ruvy01

Reaction score
honestly i didnt mind it at first, then someone on these forums mentioned that it sounds like a dying old lady, and now that's all i hear, ahhh so annoying, i had to get ivona.

mariomp

Reaction score
I couldn't stand the OEM voice. It sounded like an old lady dying. I played with speach speed as someone suggested and that didn't help. I got the Ivona and I like it much better, but I'm still waiting for Salli to become available for droid.

rjenk

Reaction score
Used Nav yesterday and the voice sounded kind of drunk to me. I am going to play with a few of the other TTS products to see how they work. Nice that we have the option of changing it.

RAZRblade

Reaction score
I use the svox dark Lord. Pretty funny.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

prowler85

Reaction score
I don't think Ivona is working with ICS. I used it on my Bionic no problem, but now it won't "install" - just keeps sending me back to Ivona's website. If anyone has gotten it to work please let me know how you did it. I go to the settings of Ivona (selected in my text-to-speech output) and select the properties, and it says to install voice data. I pick that and it brings me to Ivona's page to select my voice, which downloads and plays, but is not "installed" as my voice.

I really need to get "Nicole's" voice on my navigator and my speak-to-it personal assistant. Her voice makes me all warm and bothered. :p

doublea500

Reaction score
i dont like the voice at all. seems way to deep. if only freddy mercury could sing me the directions.