Google voice?

throwbot

Reaction score
So I've tried setting up Google voice on two different Nexis and it doesn't seem to want to work on either of them. Everything seems right as far as configuring it goes, but I never got the text message to make sure my number was right. Anyone got Google voice working on their nexus?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
T

throwbot

Reaction score
word, yeah i don't know what to do. When I go to sign in its like it skips the step where it asks me to make a pin. I haven't used it since like three phones ago so I'm not sure if that has something too do with why it isn't linking it up automatically. I have my carrier configured for Google voice and checked the help box and can't really figure it out.

christianpeso

Reaction score
word, yeah i don't know what to do. When I go to sign in its like it skips the step where it asks me to make a pin. I haven't used it since like three phones ago so I'm not sure if that has something too do with why it isn't linking it up automatically. I have my carrier configured for Google voice and checked the help box and can't really figure it out.

Have u dialed the number to activate it?

OP
T

throwbot

Reaction score
no I haven't. I can't seem to find the number. Have any idea what it is/ where I can find it?

roboots21

Reaction score
no I haven't. I can't seem to find the number. Have any idea what it is/ where I can find it?

Dial *71 followed by your google voice number ..

*71<Google Voice Number>

Wait for the three beeps .. then you are good!

OP
T

throwbot

Reaction score
much obliged, amigo!

cebosound

Reaction score
I am thinking about trying Google Voice.

Is it cool stuff?

Can you text people from your PC using it?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score

Is it cool stuff?

Yes, I love Google Voice. Of course not everyone really has a need for it though, so perhaps you won't be as impressed with it (only one way to find out hehe). And yes you can use a PC to text people.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

Is it cool stuff?

I like Google Voice, especially the translations on the voice mails...:)

~the machine is nothing without the woman~

aggiechase37

Reaction score
Does anyone have trouble with the GV My Number app?? I can't seem to get it to work correctly. I have it set up to ask me every time whether I want to dial my GV number, or use my VZW number, but if I press that I want to use my GV Number, it just loops to the dialogue box again. Every once in a while it works, but more often than not, it just loops to the dialogue box and I am forced to use my VZW number.

Anyone else have this problem? I thin I will make a post about this in troubleshooting section.

Thanks!

cebosound

Reaction score
Yes, I love Google Voice. Of course not everyone really has a need for it though, so perhaps you won't be as impressed with it (only one way to find out hehe). And yes you can use a PC to text people.
Thanks for the reply cupfulloflol. ... It seems like an interesting movement. I remember before it came out, I was on an waiting list of somesort. but then it came out and i never really got into it. I have heard of people using it as their primary phone service to save money during tough times. but seems like they shared with me some issues they run into with that. .... i just want to learn more about it and see if it can help me in some way.

Thanks again!

OP
T

throwbot

Reaction score
OK so it my Google voice is definitely not working. I tried *71 and then my Google voice number but it just keeps hanging up after the first beep. For some reason, when people call my phone and I don't answer, instead of sending them to voicemail it asks them to enter MY mailbox pin. I went through and set up my name and my VM message and thought I was good but no dice. I think it had something to do with verizon. Any ideas?

papatar

Reaction score
I was having the same trouble and on my PC i went to 'voice.google.com' and deactivated then reactivated and called the number they gave me. I've had no trouble since.

kmo

Reaction score
Set everything up on your computer first, Make sure you have "activate google voicemail on this phone" under settings in Google Voice. It should work, my wife had this problem and that solved it for her. Mine has been working fine, used it on my Incredible too. Love GV.....hope this helps.