Nationwide agent/employee 1500 plan

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
HI All,
Unfortunately the verizon dealer i used to work at closed down :( I currently have cheap Verizon employee plan as the title states. Would any verizon employee here know how long I'll be able to keep the plan before Verizon cancels my account or converts it to a consumer account :icon_eek:

OP
TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Hell of a deal dude. 1500 min with unlimited text for 10 bucks and data is 50% off. In other words im paying 34.5 a month with insurance for my droid2G

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

LocoRon

Reaction score
I am suddenly struck with the urge to get a summer job with Verizon....

Big Ry

Reaction score
When I worked for an AT&T retailer, I got 2000 minutes UNL txt and UNL (nonsmartphone) internet for $20 a month. The BB data package I had was an additional $10/month and AT&T navigator was $3/month. It was a sweet deal.

I quit june 30 2009 because I was starting grad school. They didn't cancel my line until the beginning of february 2010...at which point I went back to VZW and discovered android :) apparently they only do audits once a year to make sure all employee lines are still held by current employes. Obviously this may not be the same for VZW retailers, but just hold on til they cut it. Mine just dropped data service one day. I called customer service and they had no idea I was a former employee. Apparently AT&T simply put me on a 450/month plan with no data or txting. At that point I just canceled since there's no contact on employee lines, sold my BB bold on ebay, went to VZW, and got me a droid 1 :)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Trikotret thats less than a third of what I pay. How is it justifiable to charge customers that high if they can afford to give employees such a deal???

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HI All,
Unfortunately the verizon dealer i used to work at closed down :( I currently have cheap Verizon employee plan as the title states. Would any verizon employee here know how long I'll be able to keep the plan before Verizon cancels my account or converts it to a consumer account :icon_eek:
When I left VZW, I had 30 days to convert from an employee account to my own consumer plan.

joker402

Reaction score
I know a guy that left when I started 2 years ago and he walked in the other day and still has it. It all depends on if your account manager notifys Consessions. In his case, he slipped under the radar because of 2 things.

Our account manager doesnt even remember the current date 1/2 the time and 2) we keep growing so I dont think she ever noticed that he isnt with us anymore.

In your case, if the whole retailer shut down and your account manager gives a whoot, then you might lose it but you defently want to make sure you SWITCH to a CONSUMER line because my understanding is that If employee consessions doesnt switch it to a consumer and it gets reported that the Agent is closed, you lose your number and account history. Hence why you cant port an Agent line out, you have to switch to consumer price plan in order to do it.

Hope some of this help you out.

Big Ry

Reaction score
I know a guy that left when I started 2 years ago and he walked in the other day and still has it. It all depends on if your account manager notifys Consessions. In his case, he slipped under the radar because of 2 things.

Our account manager doesnt even remember the current date 1/2 the time and 2) we keep growing so I dont think she ever noticed that he isnt with us anymore.

In your case, if the whole retailer shut down and your account manager gives a whoot, then you might lose it but you defently want to make sure you SWITCH to a CONSUMER line because my understanding is that If employee consessions doesnt switch it to a consumer and it gets reported that the Agent is closed, you lose your number and account history. Hence why you cant port an Agent line out, you have to switch to consumer price plan in order to do it.

Hope some of this help you out.
That reminds me, I also DID lose my number. When I started working for the retailer, I ported my number from VZW that I'd had for 10 years. When they cancelled the line, there was no way of getting it back :( It wasn't that bad getting a new number, just sucked cause I had my previous number for so freakin long.

OP
TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Well its been a month since the store has been closed. Cross my fingers that they'll let it drag for a few months dancedroid