N64oid Crashing upon Rom Load

OP
Dmw017

Dmw017

Reaction score
Wow. That's way worse than mine. The FPS is tolerable, but not perfect.
Sometimes people's bodies will render incorrectly (black) but their heads will be fine, and occasionally some background texture will screw up, but nothing that makes it hard to play.

Trying to play OOT using the touchscreen controls is far more of a problem than any technical issues.

Lol floating heads.
Yeah the touchscreens really messed me up a few times, and It kind of sucked when it did because I'm used to owning everything that dares challenge me. That's where the Droid 3's keyboard comes into play. From what I got to try of OoT on my D3 so far, I used the touchscreen analog stick but everything else was assigned to my keyboard (A,B, c stick, Z, L, etc). Worked out well.

rushmore

Reaction score
All I know is Real 64 plays the same roms great on my Thrive, but only some work well on the D3. Most either have graphics issues, play slower, or crash. Some are all of the above.

N64oid 2.1 does not perform as well as Real 64 does on the Thrive, but does good and performs equal on both devices rather than just the Thrive.

socalsx

Reaction score
I notice this also on the D3. its interesting b/c SSB works on the older versions (and original gfx plug-in for 2.2.2) but is missing a lot of detail. however you can tell that with the default plug-in it runs smoother and has virtually all details from the original game, but wont load :/ hope theres a fix soon

OP
Dmw017

Dmw017

Reaction score
V2.2.3 - fixed D3 issues. The dev is really cool btw, worked with him to get the crash and blue discoloration fixed. All roms work as they should now

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

socalsx

Reaction score
V2.2.3 - fixed D3 issues. The dev is really cool btw, worked with him to get the crash and blue discoloration fixed. All roms work as they should now

Awesome.. where can I find this update. Or has it yet to be released?

OP
Dmw017

Dmw017

Reaction score
Awesome.. where can I find this update. Or has it yet to be released?

Yeah its on the SlideMe market for $5. Updates come regularly on there, the dev has all his other emus up there too.

socalsx

Reaction score
Im noticing some lag with the new plug-in. mariokart freezes in game repeatedly unless i uncheck full screen. SSB has a bit lag but still playable. ridge racer is almost unplayable. granted theres much more detail in the games they look great. I wonder if this is slow hardware or if the emulator needs more tweaking. any tips? not sure how the framerate skip works

OP
Dmw017

Dmw017

Reaction score
Have you tried Zelda OoT yet? Im getting graphical bugs related to depth.
You can email the dev through his page on the SlideMe market and pretty much inform him of what you reported here.

socalsx

Reaction score
No I havent. Try unchecking full screen it helps with fps. how do i create a log? alog?