N64oid expected to return in mid May!!

rtyrty100

Reaction score
N64oid expected to return in mid May!! ~~UPDATE: Now expected during end of May~~

EDIT 5/11/11- N64oid release now projected towards the end of May (Thank you locofocos :))

EDIT 5/22/11- N64oid release date now projected on May 26th or soon after! (Thank you thewolf16)

EDIT 5/27/11- Terrible news just in...Apparently all Yongzh's emulators have been stripped off the market by Google, meaning N64oid won't be showing up there anytime soon. BUT! Yongzh is considering hosting his apps on other 3rd-party-appstores, so not to worry. (Thank you again, thewolf16). Stick with us for the latest news!

EDIT 5/29/11- Yongzh's original n64oid that was released months ago is now available on SlideMe for free! (
http://slideme.org/application/n64oid) That version is the one discussed below (Thanks CogBill). Yongzh has stated the updated near perfect n64oid version will take another 2 weeks to complete and be put on SlideME. (Thanks thewolf16)

EDIT 6/01/11- Yongzh has now tacked a small fee onto his n64oid on SlideMe, which will be increasing daily/weekly, so hurry up and download it while it's cheap! (Thanks VioletLinked) Yongzh says his new emulator can be expected sometime in the week of June5th-June 12th

EDIT 6/03/11- N64oid is free again on SlideMe! Download now! (Thanks Mysterion)

EDIT 6/18/11- Finally a reply from Yongzh!
"
I have been trying to make it run faster, but ran into a lot of trouble. I am now considering releasing a (beta) version, by which user can choose between the new graphics core and the old one. The old core runs faster but the new core has better compatibility.
Thanks for your support!"
Lets wish him the best on overcoming whatever obstacles he is encountering, and fingers crossed for a beta version!

EDIT: 6/22/11- Thanks theWolf16 for this news-
"We can't figure out the speed fix.
So we looking at a release in 1 week time on slideme market.
The new version will have 2 graphic core the one 1.1.4 version and the new beta version one which I personally find a lot faster.
If been testing On my desire HD running cm7 7.0.0, 2.3.3, but today I installed honeyogen v1.0 2.3.4 And had awesome results in performance on n64oid. Games like goldeneye,conkers bad fur day. killer instincts was faster. Can't explain why. Could be n64oid runs better on 2.3.4 builds. Catch ya later."

EDIT: 6/24/11- Apparently the producers have run into yet ANOTHER problem, and the latest news from them is that they are going to stop giving release dates, because they hate letting down the public with all the setbacks. We're going to have to be very patient for this emulator.

EDIT: 7/9/11- N64oid 2.0 is now available on the SlideMe market!! I don't think this is yongzh's latest and greatest version he is working towards, but we can sure expect improvements!!! Woohoo! Progress!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't know about the rest of you droid users, but I am fanatic about the return of N64oid. For those of you who have no idea what I am talking about, or have given up hope, here's the low down-

Yongzh, a developer who brought us superior emulators such as GameBoid, SNesoid, Nesoid, GBCoid, and Ataroid, finally brought the first long awaited N64 emulator (N64oid) to the android market March 4th. :yr1:

One could now revive their gaming past by downloading monumental N64 games that opened up the world of gaming, such as Zelda Ocarina of Time, Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Brothers, and more on their hand held device.

I soon discovered that through bluetooth capabilities, you could hardware a wii remote and nunchuck to your droid, and game like no one's business. This caught the eye of everyone at my school. "How are you playing n64 games on your phone??", "How does your phone work with a wii remote??", and the combined, "How the $#%@ are you playing a n64 game with a remote meant for wii, on your mobile phone???? You're breaking three laws of physics!!!".........My response? You betcha- a proud "DROID DOES". dancedroid It was a brilliant start for n64 gaming, but sadly, not everyone was thankful.

There were a few issues with the emulator, as with any new app. Sometimes games didn't run smoothly, sometimes the app would crash. Big deal, you could still play the games. But for some people this was a big turn off. And the worst part- Even though this app was just days/weeks old, and Yongzh had repeatedly put in the description "App is still very new, and far from perfect", and "App will continually be updated to fix all issues", people still felt like bombing the app with low ratings and horrid comments, complaining their games wouldn't play perfectly. It was tragic. :angry:

Due to all the ruckus, around March 20th Yongzh unpublished the app from the market. People went nuts trying to figure out what happened to it, and I had to search hard to find the answer. Quoting from Yongzh in emails he sent out-
"A great number of users are complaining about the compatibility and running performance. Considering the bad ratings, I temporarily unpublished it. I am doing a rewrite of some of the core modules. Don't worry, N64oid will be back much better in 1-2 months.
Thanks for the understanding! I won't let people down."

Fast forwarding a month and 11 days, I sent him an email inquiring about the N64oid. And he briefly replied saying-
"I am trying to get it back in the middle of May. Thanks!"

I still to this day have his app on my phone, and even with its quirks and bugs, enjoy the hell out of playing n64oid on my phone when I'm bored. It brings back my childhood memories, and that's priceless. I am incredibly eager to see the results of what he has been working on the past 2 months, as any decent old school gamer should be.

So for all who gave up hope, or simply were left hanging for an answer, here it is. Hang in there guys, salvation is just around the corner. :woot:

Video of zelda being played with wiimote- [video=youtube;clv7wNRH2kY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clv7wNRH2kY[/video]

Last edited:

kptphalkon

Reaction score
This is the greatest news to mobile gaming since the game boy color.

locofocos

Reaction score
I contacted him before finding this post. He emailed back saying that he's trying his best to improve compatibility and most likely he'll make a release by the end of the month (May). People need to give him a lot more credit than he's gotten so far. Go try an N64 emulator on the iphone. It tried one on my Ipod touch 3G. The framerate was so low it was absolutely unplayable. N64oid is definitely a work in progress, but people need to rate it considering how far it's come.

Reaction score
This is great news!

I was starting to worry to be honest, but it's great to hear that it will be updated soon, and Locofocos is 100% right, N64oid is a godly emulator that blows away the iphone N64 emulator *shudders* Never again will i try to run N64 games on an iphone...the lag...the lag...T_T

kennydied23

Reaction score
This is great news!

I was starting to worry to be honest, but it's great to hear that it will be updated soon, and Locofocos is 100% right, N64oid is a godly emulator that blows away the iphone N64 emulator *shudders* Never again will i try to run N64 games on an iphone...the lag...the lag...T_T

+1

N64oid is a godsend. Best emulator for android...right next to FPSE of course.

OP
R

rtyrty100

Reaction score
I contacted him before finding this post. He emailed back saying that he's trying his best to improve compatibility and most likely he'll make a release by the end of the month (May). People need to give him a lot more credit than he's gotten so far. Go try an N64 emulator on the iphone. It tried one on my Ipod touch 3G. The framerate was so low it was absolutely unplayable. N64oid is definitely a work in progress, but people need to rate it considering how far it's come.

Thanks for the update, I put that in my thread.

And indeed n64oid was a huge step for mankind, but some people are just too impatient/unappreciative and have to ruin it for the rest of us.

OP
R

rtyrty100

Reaction score
It's just a matter of days now until we are all playing n64 games flawlessly!

thewolf16

Reaction score
I have talked to a friend from Yongzh (the n64oid developer) and this is what he said:

News in

No hdm overlays gonna be added yet or portrait mode.

But compatibility is much better.
Graphics that was missing on certain games is fixed.
New games working like
conkers bad fur day
Paper Mario
Mortal combat 4 ( Fixed black screen in fighting)

About releas
yongzh wants to do the last bit of work
on tweaking performance.

We been talking about a 26th may release
Or a few days after.

Catch ya later.

kennydied23

Reaction score
I have talked to a friend from Yongzh (the n64oid developer) and this is what he said:

News in

New games working like
conkers bad fur day
Paper Mario

About releas
on tweaking performance.

Or a few days after.

Catch ya later.

Just for reference:FpseCE Forum - View topic - Did Google delete N64oid from the Market!?

I sure hope we get it by then

Last edited:
OP
R

rtyrty100

Reaction score

News in

New games working like
conkers bad fur day
Paper Mario

About releas
on tweaking performance.

Or a few days after.

Catch ya later.

Thank you thewolf16! That's just one day away now! :icon_ banana:

thewolf16

Reaction score
I have talked to Yongzh and asked him about the release date. This is what he said:

Actually Google just pulled all my emulators from the Android Market. That is very upset to me.

We need to help him! Can anyone give tips how he can bring out his emulators + n64oid?

kennydied23

Reaction score
I wonder why Google suddenly pulled his emulators...Maybe they suddenly realized that they violate the GPL? Idk...but it's sad to see them gone. I hope he does what Zodttd did and puts them on the internet for free.

OP
R

rtyrty100

Reaction score
I have talked to Yongzh and asked him about the release date. This is what he said:

Actually Google just pulled all my emulators from the Android Market. That is very upset to me.

We need to help him! Can anyone give tips how he can bring out his emulators + n64oid?

Wow this is really bad, and we were moments away from his release...I agree and hope we can help him out somehow