My RAZR MAXX will NOT charge....

Quinn8580

Reaction score
For the past week, I have noticed that when I plug my phone into charge (AC) it does not charge completely. I plug it in before bed when it is at 5% and when I check 6 or 7 hours later, it is only at 20%. The weird thing is that it says it's charging, but is actually losing power or just stays around 10-20% no matter how long I have it plugged in. I know the charger works because I have been using it for months and just last week was able to get it up to 100%. Another issue is the charger that came with the phone was not working properly. I would plug it in and have to wiggle the wire in order for it to display it was charging. this is very inconvenient. Any suggestions?

aarong03

Reaction score
For the past week, I have noticed that when I plug my phone into charge (AC) it does not charge completely. I plug it in before bed when it is at 5% and when I check 6 or 7 hours later, it is only at 20%. The weird thing is that it says it's charging, but is actually losing power or just stays around 10-20% no matter how long I have it plugged in. I know the charger works because I have been using it for months and just last week was able to get it up to 100%. Another issue is the charger that came with the phone was not working properly. I would plug it in and have to wiggle the wire in order for it to display it was charging. this is very inconvenient. Any suggestions?

Try getting another Motorola charger.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Here's what you need to do. First, you should get a new Motorola charger and replacement Motorola Charging/USB Data cable.

Next, before going to bed tonight...TURN OFF the phone. Press and hold the power button, then choose "Power off", and agree.

Then place it onto the charger overnight.

Tomorrow, when you awake, remove it, power it up and use it normally for the entire day...watching the remaining power.

If it gets to 10% during the day (the alert window pops up telling you to charge the phone), TURN OFF the phone. If it doesn't get to 10% during the day, continue using it until it does. Once it reaches 10%, TURN OFF the phone.

Place it on the charger overnight again.

Saturday when you awake, remove it, power it up and your problem with the meter's misrepresentation should be resolved.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Here's what you need to do. First, you should get a new Motorola charger and replacement Motorola Charging/USB Data cable.

Next, before going to bed tonight...TURN OFF the phone. Press and hold the power button, then choose "Power off", and agree.

Then place it onto the charger overnight.

Tomorrow, when you awake, remove it, power it up and use it normally for the entire day...watching the remaining power.

If it gets to 10% during the day (the alert window pops up telling you to charge the phone), TURN OFF the phone. If it doesn't get to 10% during the day, continue using it until it does. Once it reaches 10%, TURN OFF the phone.

Place it on the charger overnight again.

Saturday when you awake, remove it, power it up and your problem with the meter's misrepresentation should be resolved.

Listen to the man and obey.:biggrin: He knows what he's talking about.

ferulebezel

Reaction score
So, are you saying that this is just a faulty charger? Could I revert to my old charger after this procedure?

GotnFX

Reaction score
So, are you saying that this is just a faulty charger? Could I revert to my old charger after this procedure?

First try the suggestions posted by Foxkat above with your original charger. If you aren't getting the charge or proper battery reading then it maybe the charger and so if you revert back to it, you may run into the same problem. If the procedure works, then it shows that the oem charger you used is still working and can still be used.
Always use the same charger supplied with your phone or one that is approved to be used for your phone from a reputable place. I accidentally plugged in my wife's oem blackberry charger and my phone started acting possessed while being charged..apps starting up without me touching it...lol.