RAZR Mazz freezes up

tomthbomb

Reaction score
when plugged in to the charger. Can't make it do anything! My Droid 2 Global did the same thing after a year but the RAZR is two weeks old! It works ok when not charging but wth?

Trash Can

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, are you using the stock charger that was provided with the phone? Third party chargers, as well as chargers made for other phones, have been known to cause this type of behavior.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Are you using g the charger and cable that came with the device?? If not, then that's your issue.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
tomthbomb

tomthbomb

Reaction score
That could be it. I am using a charger that came with my old Droid 2 Global. Problem is I need charges in different places so I use old ones. Any chance it can damage the RAZR Maxx?

Trash Can

Reaction score
That could be it. I am using a charger that came with my old Droid 2 Global. Problem is I need charges in different places so I use old ones. Any chance it can damage the RAZR Maxx?

Even though your old charger is made by Motorola, the voltage/current may be different than what your Maxx wants. You may not notice any damage in the short term, but it's pretty obvious that your Maxx does not like it, so who knows what it's doing over the long run. Unless you're in a pinch with no other options, I would stick with the Maxx's charger. It is one more thing to toss in your briefcase or backpack, but it's not like it takes up a lot of room. Better safe than sorry.

OP
tomthbomb

tomthbomb

Reaction score
OK, that sounds like the smart thing to do. Thanks.

amberina

Reaction score
Thanks guys!! I noticed the same problem only at work, so it must be the generic charger I have there.

bradleonard

Reaction score
if the charger is the same voltage and current is equal or greater than the factory charger then the alternate charger will not likely cause issues with your phone...unless it is a really cheap charger. But even then, these phones are fairly forgiving.

rainman1914

Reaction score
I have the same problems on one of my wall chargers. I still use it but I have accepted the fact that I can't use the phone while it's charging on this charger.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You should try to only use the provided wall charger to charge the device.. it could create issues for the phone.. not likely... but you can never be too sure. :cool: