My POS SLOW Droid 3. HELP!

Reklezztrini

Reaction score
What's up guys?
I have a Droid 3 (duh) with that one button root. I also have D3 Safestrap & Titanium Backup.

Now I am really upset with how my phone performs. It is extremely sluggish, to the point where it gives up shuts off. It takes literally 10 seconds for my text messages to come up...

Now what can ultimately be done about this? I was thinking about reverting back to stock form & restarting, or is there a way out of this mess. Please help!

My phone info:
Sys Ver. - 5.6.890.XT862
Android Ver. - 2.3.4
Kernel - 2.6.35.7-g790a33c
Build # - 5.5.1_84_D3G-55

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You've got Safestrap, so turn on Safe Mode and flash away! Try Maverick Rom *shameless plug* or Davros' new oc'd Haters Gonna Hate ROM. Both are extremely snappy and fluid.

linuxgator

Reaction score
What's up guys?
I have a Droid 3 (duh) with that one button root. I also have D3 Safestrap & Titanium Backup.

Now I am really upset with how my phone performs. It is extremely sluggish, to the point where it gives up shuts off. It takes literally 10 seconds for my text messages to come up...

Now what can ultimately be done about this? I was thinking about reverting back to stock form & restarting, or is there a way out of this mess. Please help!

My phone info:
Sys Ver. - 5.6.890.XT862
Android Ver. - 2.3.4
Kernel - 2.6.35.7-g790a33c
Build # - 5.5.1_84_D3G-55

Just out of curiosity, what are you using for text messaging? If you are using something non-stock and have it set to save messages and you have many thousand, it can pretty much bring your phone to a standstill.

If you revert to stock, i'd suggest updating to 5.7.906, it's got a few tweaks and updates that help out a bit. However, if you do that, when you root, use the motofail method, and be careful restoring things with Titanium Backup. It has a way of mucking things up if you try restoring the data for system apps.

OP
R

Reklezztrini

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what are you using for text messaging? If you are using something non-stock and have it set to save messages and you have many thousand, it can pretty much bring your phone to a standstill.

If you revert to stock, i'd suggest updating to 5.7.906, it's got a few tweaks and updates that help out a bit. However, if you do that, when you root, use the motofail method, and be careful restoring things with Titanium Backup. It has a way of mucking things up if you try restoring the data for system apps.

Actually, I am in fact using stock. I have my max messages set to 100, but even then I delete them.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Try going unto safestrap and wipe cache and dalvik cache. Helped mine when it was a little slow

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
R

Reklezztrini

Reaction score
Ok so heres the deal. Ive tried to to install Steel Droid, but it would get stuck at the loading screen (rotating blue rings). Iv'e also tried facorty reset/wipe from boot strap. I am now stuck on the boot selection menu. What should I do guys?

linuxgator

Reaction score
Ok so heres the deal. Ive tried to to install Steel Droid, but it would get stuck at the loading screen (rotating blue rings). Iv'e also tried facorty reset/wipe from boot strap. I am now stuck on the boot selection menu. What should I do guys?

As jstafford suggested, did you also wipe the dalvik cache? if not, you should go into the Advanced menu in safestrap and select clear dalvik cache. Also, sometimes the first boot will take as long as 10 minutes.

OP
R

Reklezztrini

Reaction score
Ok so I cleared both caches, and my battery stats. I was going to SBF my phone, but when I go into AP Fastboot it keep on failing. Now everytime I reboot my phone, it starts on the AP Fastboot Screen. How in the hell do I stop this?

linuxgator

Reaction score
What exactly does it say when it fails at fastboot? It's possible your cable isn't functioning correctly. If you determine that it is a good cable, you could try running the one-click method for installing the sbf, found at [6-21-2012] droid 3 xt862 .906 to .890 1_click_sbf .exe - xda-developers
It says it is for .906 to .890, but I think it will work if you're on .890 to begin with. I then recommend doing the OTA to .906 and re-rooting using the motofail method.

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah my 1 click works on all versions I just labled that so would be easier found for peeps looking for. 906 sbf
Its a modified. 890 with some. 906 files because you can update forward with ota's but not backwards..and yes I would suggest after you sbf you go to system/about phone/updates and download the. 906 ota then root/radiocomm/safestrap/rom

Last edited:

alowbman

Reaction score
+1: update to. 906 and then root with motofail. It will make a difference in a lot of things.

Sent from my DROID3 powered by MavRom 4.0

OP
R

Reklezztrini

Reaction score
What exactly does it say when it fails at fastboot? It's possible your cable isn't functioning correctly. If you determine that it is a good cable, you could try running the one-click method for installing the sbf, found at [6-21-2012] droid 3 xt862 .906 to .890 1_click_sbf .exe - xda-developers
It says it is for .906 to .890, but I think it will work if you're on .890 to begin with. I then recommend doing the OTA to .906 and re-rooting using the motofail method.

I am using RSDlite, it gets to 15/18 and then fails. Every single time.

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am using RSDlite, it gets to 15/18 and then fails. Every single time.
do not use rsdlite..ugh I need to pull that version
Use the 1_click_sbf.EXE
You should have better luck with that..

OP
R

Reklezztrini

Reaction score
[UPDATE]

I used the method provided here: [video=youtube;pcne9tFtBxY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcne9tFtBxY&feature=player_embedded#[/video]!

I was SBF'd successfully (had to re-activate) my phone. I will re-root, and try to install steel droid again.

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Glad you got it my sbf uses the same theory only more updated for 906 users