HELP - Music plays in addition to notification sound when receiving text messages

nexusnrg

Reaction score
I have the D3 with android 2.3.4 kernel ver. 2.6.35.7 system version 5.6.890.XT862 Running the latest version of GO Launcher EX. Phone is not rooted or modified. I'm using the default D3 sms text messaging app.

In the last few days when receiving an (sms) text message in addition to my desired (selected) notification alert, it is now playing one specific song in it's entirety from my SD Card's music folder. This all began on it's own without any changes made by me.

I've checked my notification settings in the overall settings, and in the text messaging app, everything is correctly set to play my desired notification sound when receiving text messages. I've looked everywhere trying to find out where it's using the song but can't seem to find it. I've also tried shutting down the phone to reboot and it still plays this song along with the selected notification sound when receiving text (sms) messages.

I've read some other android users complaining about this but no one never really offered any realistic help except to delete your music etc. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

OP
nexusnrg

nexusnrg

Reaction score
I'm still having this issue... I've discovered that the song is playing as an sms alert only when I receive a txt message via my verizon sms email gateway address... So when someone sends an email message to [email protected] it will deliver it as an sms on my D3, and this is when I'm hearing one specific song from my music directory play.

I'm still unable to find in the phone where it's checked to use that song, and so I'm still looking for a little help here please.

OP
nexusnrg

nexusnrg

Reaction score
I finally discovered what was going on... Apparently when I got my phone a friend of mine installed an app called 'WHOISIT Lite' and little did I know that this software was controlling all of the default notification and ringtones for everyone in my contact list, and for those numbers not in my contact list.

So when I received an SMS from an outside number it was playing this specific song file from my music folder.

In my contacts I had set up custom ringtones/notifications for most people but apparently whoisit was controlling everything else. Problem solved by deleting the app (don't need whoisit).