My opinion so far.....

posttal

Reaction score
So far the droid incredible has been pretty slick.I do wish it had a better phone.It would be nice to set shortcut keys to favorite numbers and hide all the incoming ,outgoing and missed calls and just have the phone book on the screen..theres tooooo much scrolling going on.The speaker phone function is super easy and so far quality is ok.finding saved contacts sucks.
I heart radio is great and the FM radio works fine BUT it has to be tethered to a headset.Bluetooth hooked to my Oakley sunglasses and by truck and computer with ease.Access to the SD card took a while to perfect as did storing MP3's and ringtones from the computer but what I did was make a voice message..saved it to the sd card then located it after opening up the screen on the computer.that told me what the sd card was called and I just dropped ringtones in that folder for quick access.Make sure you add an app to turn things off or your battery life will suck.The major draw is bluetooth and wi-fi.I have a widget for power control on one of the screens to turn them on and off.
All i need now is tethering ability to my laptop..but from what i see you have to "root" first and so far you can't root an incredible.Although you can BUY tethering capability from verizon and download there app..but its not free.I want to try and put teamviewer on it and see if I can control my laptop with the droid..if so it would be very cool to accress my pc from work.
But for now i'm content with it..and hopefully some upgrades and hacks will allow tethering down the road.

metalmenance

Reaction score
for contacts just tap the phone button and start typing their name, the keys lookup names automatic or tap people icon then scroll with optical pad/finger or scroll bar on right
Its very easy to do

The Inc has everything i liked about my moto droid plus so much more!!!
Love it!!!

OP
posttal

posttal

Reaction score
dont know about a favorites widget but you can get your list thru the people icon.but you still have to scroll and scroll.Same with taping or typing..typing the name is time consuming and tapping pretty much sucks unless their name begins with the FIRST letter in the number pad.What I mean is that on most phones you can assign a key to a number.Then all you have to do is for example hold down the #1 key and it call home..hold the #2 key and it calls the wife etc..etc.
And what I meant by the missed and made call is this.unlock and press the phone button..when it opens it shows the keyboard and on top of it missed or made calls.you then have to close the keyboard to scroll down to your contacts.It would be nice to just have your contacts showing ..is there a way to NOT show sent and missed calls?

OP
posttal

posttal

Reaction score
P.S..I do see that you can put all family member in a group folder for quick access..now if there was a way to open the folder without going thru the menu.
It was so much easier to just assign frequently called numbers there own button and just press it.

RPA-DROID

Reaction score
As for the first issue (speed dial) You can assign the speed dial numbers by selecting Phone > menu > Speed dial > Add new at the top...

c_law23

Reaction score
if you go to people and put all of the people you want quick access in the group favorites. Then go to one of your blank screens and add the people widget and choose favorites. It puts all of their pictures right there and you click on them to call them without ever going through a menu. you can also choose for it to quick text instead of calling.

RPA-DROID

Reaction score
No problem... Does anyone know if there is a "switch from BB to DROID for Dummies"? Man - I can't even keep up with the forum posts to see what this thing can do! Ugh. Probably the wrong place to put it but is there an easy way to show ONLY the new posts in the INcredible forum (rather than scrolling thru to see which items are new)? Link at the top gives me new on site not just here... Or should I be looking at those as well (being a noob)?

OP
posttal

posttal

Reaction score
I'm just hitting the new post button up top and scrolling a lot to find something interesting.all I'm really looking and waiting for is how to Root this phone..or jail break it..so I can tether it to my laptop for when cox cable goes down.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No problem... Does anyone know if there is a "switch from BB to DROID for Dummies"? Man - I can't even keep up with the forum posts to see what this thing can do! Ugh. Probably the wrong place to put it but is there an easy way to show ONLY the new posts in the INcredible forum (rather than scrolling thru to see which items are new)? Link at the top gives me new on site not just here... Or should I be looking at those as well (being a noob)?

I use the Active Topics tab just below the top of the Forum banner.

drewlamo1

Reaction score
I might be wrong but when you plug the phone into the pc you get different options on the incredible, I think one is mount memory to pc which allows you to browse the internal and SD card , another is just charge the phone, but one is tether through usb? Haven't tried it yet but could of swore I seen the option. Anyone seen this?

RPA-DROID

Reaction score
How do you change the defaault action for the group? Rather than adding one at a time and selecting default action as text, I would like to add multiple members to the group thru contacts and then have the whole group default action be "new message"

PaulRivers

Reaction score
dont know about a favorites widget but you can get your list thru the people icon.but you still have to scroll and scroll.Same with taping or typing..typing the name is time consuming and tapping pretty much sucks unless their name begins with the FIRST letter in the number pad.

1. Though I was confused by the strange inconsistency myself, while if you hit the "People" icon you have to scroll a lot, if you hit the "Phone" button instead you can type in their name.
2. Whether their name starts with the first letter or not is also no different, the phone goes with all the names you could possibly be typing. For example, to search for Kathy you'd type 5(JKL) 2 (ABC) 8 (TUV)...well by now it's probably shown up. "Laura" also shows up on the list.