My New Razr is Hot, and I mean temp. is yours?

wendee2150

Reaction score
I am a new Razr owner, lit it up on Firday afternoon. It gets very warm, front and back with minimal use. It got very hot while charging. Is this usual?

Also, is your screen beige? All my whites are beige and my colors are way off. Side by side with my D3, the screen looks dirty. I don't remember the floor models looking like that.

Thanks in advance for your help. 20 months is a long time to "settle" and if I need to exchange, I want to do it in my 14 days when I'll get a new new replacement!

Caesars

Reaction score
On my maxx I usually run between 83 and 103 temp, as far as the screen goes I would take it to the store ( if you can't find any more screen settings to perhaps remedy the issue) and show the Verizon people. U definitely don't want a bad screen for 20months lol.

rahulwadhwani

Reaction score
Even my motorola razr gets a bit hot after minimal use. I dont think this is usual.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am a new Razr owner, lit it up on Firday afternoon. It gets very warm, front and back with minimal use. It got very hot while charging. Is this usual?

Also, is your screen beige? All my whites are beige and my colors are way off. Side by side with my D3, the screen looks dirty. I don't remember the floor models looking like that.

Thanks in advance for your help. 20 months is a long time to "settle" and if I need to exchange, I want to do it in my 14 days when I'll get a new new replacement!

Mine gets warm when I am using something intensive, like GPS, etc. Never gets hot charging. My guess is that you have a defective battery. I would take it back.

jays91ls

Reaction score
i had this problem with a couple of razors i got from verizon , their solution for that is to turn off 4g ?:blink: If i wanted a 3g device i would have stayed with my iPhone

cdr

Reaction score
Mine gets hot when Im using 4g but when i'm on wifi or 3g its not hot at all

AcridGosling

Reaction score
I have a DROID 2 not a razr, but my phone gets really hot too. More so when im using a lot of data, such as netflix. This is normal. All smartphones have processors in them like computers. What they don't have like computers, is fans. :screwy:

Sent from my DROID2 OTA updated .621, non-rooted 2.3.4 :( R.I.P. root access

Caesars

Reaction score
The major Concern to me would be the screen, compare that bad boy the floor model and get yourself a new one :)

pinoy_92

Reaction score
any device that has to do with any kind of electronics will get hot, unless properly ventilated. using GPS, HD streaming, etc. takes alot of toll on the phone, so it will get hot.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
wendee2150 said:

Your screen may appear dingy depending on your screen brightness. If you don't know where to find this setting, go into settings, display, screen brightness. I keep my screen manually turned all the way down for battery purposes. And in case I need to see the screen outside I use the power control widget found by long pressing the screen and tap Widgets, find "toggle power control" you can control your Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, screen brightness, data sync, and GPS with this widget.

As for the screen temp, I use Androsensor to monitor this. But another app my son really likes is overheat. This app monitors the battery charge and temp as well.

I like androsensor because it monitors everything.

My maxx ran hot at first too, until I started using the pre installed task manager. I added everything to the auto end list, so when my screen is off, it kills all of my apps. This task manager is designed by moto to operate with these phones. It won't cause force close issues and data connectivity issues like some other app killers.

The phone does have a threshold built in. If your phone gets to hot, it will shut the screen down. But there are those who think that battery heat issues have contributed to screen cracking. So if the screen feels warm to you, shut the screen down for a few minutes and let it cool.

I would definitely download an app to monitor the temp, and if the phone is getting warm for no real reason, definitely go swap it. But this generation of phones does run warm.

Also remember, heat is this batteries natural enemy. A cooler battery is a longer lasting battery. So don't leave your device inside of your car in the summer time heat....

Not trying to freak you out, just warning you. Also, the battery prefers small charges throughput the day, less heat, longer life.

Last but not least. Power off your phone, charge to 100%, use to 15%, repeat the process, this calibrates the battery meter.

Also, my maxx's hold the charge better when I charge em overnight powered off. Hope this helps?

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
ICE CREAM UPGRADE SHOULD HELP COOL DOWN Maxx

Just kidding, but why would they name it ice cream? Mine runs hot too, so thanks for the suggestions on temp aps.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
If I have anything next to my phone while charging (pillow or sheet) it will get hot. Since I started moving to to a table it never gets hot while charging. The only time my phone gets too hot is if I'm on 4g and I'm running some internet based games or Netflix. If you are not doing much and it is getting hot, I would definitely take it back. My Droid X had a similar issue and it ended up frying.

yaterml

Reaction score
Yeah mine ran to 137.8 degrees yesterday while I was charging it not good.