Battery gets hot... and mean HOT!!! (READ ME)

zillahakzor

Reaction score
But that's even with it being underclocked? I mean I expect it to be warm when overclocked but underclocked to 2.5 MhZ the processor isn't working nearly as hard so it would make sense to me for it to last a lil longer. I can run up to 1.1 GhZ with this rom but I try to conserve as much battery as possible.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dude I've left my battery charging for a couple hours before I went to the gym (it was at 50%). I got home an hour and a half later and it was at 30% and the battery was hot as hell.

This has happened to me a couple of times on the multimedia charger. I removed it from the charger and tried charging in the morning. When perfectly then.

VioLentLiLyBee

Reaction score
I have the first droid and it's never had a problem with getting hot, but recently it's been running extremely slow and get VERY hot when I talk on it for no more than 20 minutes. I'm afraid to talk for long, I don't want to fry it. Has anyone had this problem? :(

js138011

Reaction score
I'm having this problem now. I'm on my 4th droid (3rd refurb replacement) since July. The first one the screen stopped responding. The second one stopped making calls. The third one I never activated because the case was busted. The fourth one (current paperweight) overheated while in my pocket. I couldn't feel it through my jeans, but had it been elsewhere and my newborn brushed against it, she would've been burned! Verizon wanted to send a new phone (making me use the same battery), and another refurb at that. I refused it and the supervisor tried reading me the contract, and talked over me. Really? I used to work in call centers too. I would've been reprimanded for that. Motorola wanted to take a grand total of a month to do a repair. Trying the local store next. UGH!!!!!!