Battery gets hot... and mean HOT!!! (READ ME)

miamidroid

Reaction score
my original droid did that once. The phone got hot as hell and wouldnt charge at all. I thought it was the battery so i swapped it out with my other droid and its been working fine ever since on both phones.. I dont know the cause of it, but its never happend again.

magdream

Reaction score
it happens to me once every 2-3 weeks. I shut the phone and re-boot and it's fine. At 3.5 months, I don't think I have much recourse.

rayman

Reaction score
Hot Droid

My phone get's uncomfortably hot during calls. Also, when plugged into USB, if I try to use the standard eMail client, the phone gets very hot and the battery begins to drain. If, however, I Kill the Tasks, the phone cools down and begins to charge again.

Is this typical behavior or do I have a defective unit? I'm still within the 30-days. I'm wondering if I should get it switched out.

Joeyvee

Reaction score
it happens to me once every 2-3 weeks. I shut the phone and re-boot and it's fine. At 3.5 months, I don't think I have much recourse.
You sure do. I think. AFAIK all verizon phones are warrantied against defects for a year. I sued to cwitch blackberrys out all the time. They've had their fair share of bugs too. Just go in with some documentation of the problem whne uit happened how often and maybe print this thread up too. jsut go with plenty of time. A trip to my verizon store takes 2-3 hours inside jsut to get to a tech

Infeltrate

Reaction score
my motorola Q used to do the same thing. Just unplug it, wait a bit then plug it back in. Stop flipping out and taking your phones back! lol

Joeyvee

Reaction score
my motorola Q used to do the same thing. Just unplug it, wait a bit then plug it back in. Stop flipping out and taking your phones back! lol
Yeah really people. Why would you return a defective product? It's not like you paid good money for it. Just suck it up. be a man. Keep it. And then maybe if youre not paying attention to it one day it'll just overheat and explode and shoot a piece of glass into your eye like that kid in belgium.
TARD

Infeltrate

Reaction score
Yeah really people. Why would you return a defective product? It's not like you paid good money for it. Just suck it up. be a man. Keep it. And then maybe if youre not paying attention to it one day it'll just overheat and explode and shoot a piece of glass into your eye like that kid in belgium.
TARD
it's not defective. Alot of smart phones do this. unplug it, wait for it to cool. and it works fine! nothings going to blow up you ruhtard

Joeyvee

Reaction score
There's a link IN THIS POST to a story where an iphone overheated and blew up in Belgium sending a glass shard into the eye of a 15 year old boy. Plenty batteries are defective. You shouldnt have to pay extreme attention to your phone and unplug it and wait for it to cool then plug it back in again. I charge mine from my computer and it's pretty damn close to my face. If mine was overheating I'd take my ass back into verizon and get another one. TARD. lol

Infeltrate

Reaction score
pretty sure this is a droid forum.. and if the droid did "explode" it'd be unlikely for the gorilla glass to shatter AND hit you in the eye. lol get real

Joeyvee

Reaction score
Unlikely but possible. And it DID happen. With an iphone sure but physics is physics. If that mother explodes glass WILL come flying. But in all seriousness why would you keep a battery that was defective if you could get a new one free tard? hahaha. Just go return it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infeltrate

Reaction score
because ive returned multiple phones and batterys. it still happens! i got tired of wasting gas lol

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
because ive returned multiple phones and batterys. it still happens! i got tired of wasting gas lol

Well then dont waste the gas but i can tell you if my Motorola Droid is defective in any way, shape or form i am taking it to Verizon and they will replace it. We paid really good money for these phones and ill be damned if i'm going to keep a defective phone and just shrug it off. That would be pure stupidity on my part. If you dont want to waste the gas to replace a $300 device then that's your problem not anyone elses. People are concerned about their phones and want them to work the way they should especially with the price of these devices.

zillahakzor

Reaction score
Interesting. My Droid has been doing some of the same things but I thought that was because I rooted it. The phone/ battery doesn't get HOT. Just warm but the battery won't last all day with fair to moderate use even when underclocked to 250 MhZ. It will be interesting to hear from other rooted users on this subject.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Smoked Glass v. 6.0
Kernel 2.6.29-omapl-glc56172
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Droid: Gets Sh*t Done

Last edited:

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Interesting. My phone has been doing some of the same things but I thought that was because I rooted it. The phone/ battery doesn't get HOT. Just warm but the battery won't last all day with fair to moderate use even when underclocked to 250 MhZ. It will be interesting to hear from other rooted users on this subject.

__________________________________________________________________________ Smoked Glass v. 6.0
Kernel 2.6.29-omapl-glc56172
__________________________________________________________________________ Droid: Gets Sh*t Done

if you overclock the phone it could very well be a reason. Even mine gets warm but that's normal for a long period of constant use. If it gets warm on a short term period of use (maybe 10 mins or less) then you most likely have a problem.