My New HTC Incredible keeps rebooting

INTREPID-NY

Reaction score
Only iphone isssues "blow up". <wink> We are hoping this will be fixed with the next Over the Air update, anticipated in about a month.

Blown73C10

Reaction score
well, i just broke my incredible last thursday, verizon warrantied it and got me a refurb in the mail, it has the OTA update, but is still rebooting. To the point where it wont even stay on. Everytime it starts up it reboots automatically. Done it since I activated it 1 hour ago. stayed on long enough for me to download my contacts and send 2 text messages, thought it was fixed and it started all over. This one is begging to get thrown!!:icon_evil::icon_eek:

WillySmalls

Reaction score
Mine reboots at least 5 times a day. I am in New Mexico. Store here says there are no known issues. Battery pull, factory wipe... Still doing it.

techguru

Reaction score
Mine did this before the 2.2 upgrade. Been fine since (very occasionally reboots after installing or updating several apps in a row)

Sent from my Droid Incredible using DroidForums App

roe1880

Reaction score
so has this issue been resolved??? I'd hate to get the phone knowing it has an issue like this... im also in the North East..

Last edited:

rlb2004

Reaction score
same problem

I recently started having the same problem with this phone. I had the phone for at least 2 months before this problem started 2 weeks ago. Because of my temper after this phone cost me a job because of the constant reboot while I was trying to navigate to job orientation, verizon rep said the warranty would not cover the phone. I had to file the claim through asurion. yay for being 15 days late on a $330 car payment and having to spend $90 on getting a new phone, without a friggin job.

techguru

Reaction score
Mine did this before the 2.2 upgrade. Been fine since (very occasionally reboots after installing or updating several apps in a row)

Sent from my Droid Incredible using DroidForums App

After saying mine didn't do this anymore, it has now been doing it a lot this week. Every time I change batteries, it reboots a few minutes after the new battery is in and it boots up, and then this morning, it rebooted twice while I was trying to read my news feed in the "official" facebook app. Third time, I was able to read the feed, so I am not sure what was going on or if it was actually related to the app or just something weird and random.

Alan

Cmurd23

Reaction score
I started having this problem about three weeks ago, and it seemed to only be happening while it was in Navigation. Also, it was while i was out of town (live in Minnesota, rebooted in Oregon, Washington, and Iowa). A Verizon rep recommended dialing *288 to reset the tower locations or something when I travel, anyway, after doing this, it recently shutdown and rebooted three times in the last 16 hours, once while at home! I plan on calling my verizon rep today.

Last edited:

kidego32

Reaction score
Just to add my voice to the discussion, I've had my HTC Incredible since launch. Up to about a month ago, it was working perfectly. Last month I was travelling to Tampa, Florida and while accessing some news feeds on the Verizon network (no wi-fi available), the phone spontaneously rebooted. It continued to do this until it finally got stuck on the white HTC Incredible screen. I removed the battery and was finally able to get it to stay on, but for the rest of the trip, this continued to happen. When I got home, I did a factory reset and also formatted my sd card.

Since then, I've had various similar episodes. The one constant has been that I've always been on the Verizon network when the rebooting begins. As far as I can tell, it's never happened while on wi-fi.

While at lunch today, the rebooting began again while reading my twitter feed. Again, there was no wi-fi. While I was at the same location, I could not get the phone to stay on. It continuously rebooted, but as soon as I was back in the office, the phone stayed on and is working fine. Only difference is that it's on wi-fi now.

I just called Verizon, and spoke to Tier 2 support. I explained everything that has happened, and they are shipping me a refurbished unit tomorrow under warranty.

I apologize for my long-winded first post, but I thought it may be helpful to someone.

keystone

Reaction score
Having the same issue in NY/NJ when flipping screens or opening an closing apps. It happens in WiFi and 3G. Not a biggie but can be annoying.

vprevattusmc

Reaction score
Thanks to all. I called VZW tech support and explained the problem. Tech said he had never heard of this problem. I told him several forums had said he would give that exact response. He asked me to hold. Two minutes later he returned and said he had already ordered the replacement phone dancedroid.
Thanks!

brkshr

Reaction score
I finally got fed up with my Dinc restarting, so I bought a droid x a couple months ago. WAY better battery life and reliability! I still have my Dinc for a paper weight cuz I feel wrong selling a faulty phone to anyone.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

thedaego

Reaction score
Waiting on my THIRD replacement!

I am on my THIRD HTC incredible. I have had the phone replaced via warranty with a factory 'refurbished' incredible twice. This last replacement I just received less than an hour ago. I also received a new battery from Verizon because the CSR thought it might have been a bad battery issue. I put in the battery, turned the phone on and programmed the phone. The phone rebooted. I opened a web browser, went to lastpass.com and the phone rebooted itself. After the reboot I tried the same exact thing... boom. reboot. This is on a completely stock from the factory, Incredible with zero market installed apps. I think this is solid evidence that there is an ongoing issue with this hardware model and not a "bad app" issue.

I just got off the phone with the CSR for the third time. They agreed to send me a brand new Incredible (not refurbished) overnight with Saturday shipping.

I really do like this phone... when it's working. I truly hope the replacement they send me does not have the same issue.

86mcss

Reaction score
in southern california and my phone has been doing since this last month. i will call verizon tomorrow.