My New HTC Incredible keeps rebooting

Bowtie

Reaction score
Mine did it 4 times yesterday. I went to three different Verizon stores and they are all sold out until June some time, which pushes past my 30 days. Calling Verizon tech today to see what they can do.

wireless200

Reaction score
Mine did it 4 times yesterday. I went to three different Verizon stores and they are all sold out until June some time, which pushes past my 30 days. Calling Verizon tech today to see what they can do.

Changing phones won't help. When you call tech support tell them you've heard it's the neighborlist configuration and for them to let system performance know and tell them as exactly as possible the location(s) where the phone rebooted.

Bowtie

Reaction score
Thats part of the problem, I drive all over the place and it happens at random times, the only place that is consistent is when it is sitting on my desk at home, but that only represents about 20% of the reboots.

sda000

Reaction score
The second day I had the phone it did this very same thing about 4 or 5 times in an hour. I have had the phone now for about 10 days and it has not happened since then. I would assume it was a Verizon thing and had something to do with activation. Just guessing but it hasn't done it since.

INTREPID-NY

Reaction score
I just spoke with verizon. There is a technical bulletin with states that Verizon is working with the vendor (HTC) to resolve the known reboot issue. I put in a trouble report so they would be aware that is is happening in NY and other Northeast areas as well.

I changed Menu, Settings, Wireless & Networks, Mobile Networks, System Select to: HOME ONLY. I will let you know if my phone still reboots. No idea if it will have any effect.

Followup: Didn't fix it.

Last edited:

mobilecal

Reaction score
My phone keeps rebooting every couple of hours. I've done factory resets, deleted my apps and it's still doing it. Bought my phone at Best Buy on May 1st and if the problem isn't fixed by the 25th, I'll probably return it and wait a few months to buy the phone again.

I'm in So California, by the way.

Zene

Reaction score
My phone keeps rebooting every couple of hours. I've done factory resets, deleted my apps and it's still doing it. Bought my phone at Best Buy on May 1st and if the problem isn't fixed by the 25th, I'll probably return it and wait a few months to buy the phone again.

I'm in So California, by the way.

I am in California as well, and it has done this to me a few times, but i have noticed its only where i don't get any reception, at my schools underground classes.

INTREPID-NY

Reaction score
If you want this fixed, please email Verizion. Also, it's important that you call them and be sure they open a ticket. Remember to tell them this is not just happening in the south. If you don't get this email, they didn't open a ticket:

The issue you reported is being investigated. You will receive notification when the issue is resolved. Ticket # xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please do not reply to this email.
To contact Customer Service, please visit verizonwireless.com and click on Contact Us.
Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920-1097
To view our privacy policy, go to this link: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/footer/privacy.jsp

============

The fastest way to get to the correct person is to call Verizon:

(800) 922-0204
Monday-Sunday 6am-11pm

Required Prompt Responses: Enter your Cell #, Select 3 (tech support), In your own words, say what your problem is : SAY NOTHING!!!!! and wait for choices, Select 4 (smart phones) , Select 2 (Other Smart Phones), enter account password. You will be connected to the correct person.

Last edited:

Bowtie

Reaction score
I did that Intrepid, they told me to return the phone and exchange it for another one, except that the Phoenix stores are sold out and won't be taking delivery until June some time which pushes me outside of my 30 days.

INTREPID-NY

Reaction score
Call back and tell them to check their technical bulletins. There is one there for the Incredible. Then tell them to note you account so you can exchange the phone after 30 days. Finally, have them create a trouble ticket.

I was able to accomplish all of these with verizon on my first call. If you have problems, hang up and call back later. You will get someone else who has a clue.

INTREPID-NY

Reaction score
You must create trouble ticket

VERY IMPORTANT

Verizon called me back on my trouble ticket. He said I am the only one in NY to report the random reboot problem. He said the issue in the South has been resolved. He also said that Verizon does not read the forums. He went on to say that anyone who is having the random reboot problem MUST call verizon and insist on creating a Trouble Ticket. Without trouble tickets they will not fix the problem.

Try this First:

SPECIAL UNPUBLISHED VERIZON NETWORK REPAIR BUREAU
866-298-5373

Alternate Contact Info

(800) 922-0204
Monday-Sunday 6am-11pm

Required Prompt Responses: Enter your Cell #, Select 3 (tech support), In your own words, say what your problem is : SAY NOTHING!!!!! and wait for choices, Select 4 (smart phones) , Select 2 (Other Smart Phones), enter account password. You will be connected to the correct person.

loryndm

Reaction score
Out here in Socal and ive had a handful of reboots since i have received the phone. Since then i have uninstalled my task killer and now just waiting to see if it happens again.

Taveren99

Reaction score
Droid Incredible Reboots

I'm in the Greenville/Spartanburg area of South Carolina, and I've talked to two other HTC Incredible owners besides myself having the reboot problem. All three of us were at a Verizon store with the same issues. All of us have had our phones for less than a week. Mine started after three days. It reboots every five minutes. Waiting on a new one.

PMG

Reaction score
Mine is still rebooting 2x daily

Has anyone found a solution for this yet?

PMG

Reaction score
that's incorrect. it is a limited issue. if it were widespread the internets [sic] would've blowd [sic] up by now.
The internet already has "blowd up" over this. There are hundreds of posts on similar forums across the net. Check AndroidForums.com and others.

This issue is occurring across the nation. I'n in North Central Texas and it is happening to some of us here. My DI reboots about 2x a day or more.

It has been months... Is there no fix for this yet?:mad:
Has Verizon or Google or HTC even acknowledged the issue yet???
:icon_cussing: :icon_cussing: :icon_cussing: :icon_cussing: :icon_cussing: :icon_cussing: :icon_cussing: :icon_cussing: :icon_cussing: :icon_cussing: :icon_cussing: :icon_cussing: