My New HTC Incredible keeps rebooting

tafree04

Reaction score
Incredible rebooting

I am having the same problem. It's done it to me twice since I got it. Is anybody reporting this to Verizon??? When I called, it was like I was the only one with the problem!!

If anybody is having this problem flood Verizon wireless with the complaint so that they will be forced to do something besides acting ignorant of any issue with the phone. it's a great phone, but jeez get this **** right.

BzB

Reaction score
not one reboot for me in the 2 full days i've had my incredible. just as stable as my droid, which is very stable.

robdroid

Reaction score
I am in the triad (Greensboro/High Point) area. The issue definitely seems focused to the NC area and an area in Louisiana. Latest word on the street is that engineers are in the area working on it. Hopefully will be a software update.

Oxyacetylene,
I am in Cary (Raleigh) and I've not seen her reboot at all!
:icon_ banana:

Oxyacetylene

Reaction score
I am in the triad (Greensboro/High Point) area. The issue definitely seems focused to the NC area and an area in Louisiana. Latest word on the street is that engineers are in the area working on it. Hopefully will be a software update.

Oxyacetylene,
I am in Cary (Raleigh) and I've not seen her reboot at all!
:icon_ banana:
Yeah I can believe that. My phone hasn't rebooted once while I am home, but at work it does. Maybe they will fix the issue over the weekend so when I get back in the office Monday I won't have any issues!

xsatanx

Reaction score
i live in cary and work in cary and ive had about 11 reboots in 48 hours.seriously considering just returning and gettin my droid back.

BzB

Reaction score
i live in cary and work in cary and ive had about 11 reboots in 48 hours.seriously considering just returning and gettin my droid back.

Maybe the phone is possessed by one of your minions...:icon_eek:

Lol

But yeah, if I were having those problems I'd be frustrated too. Maybe stick it out until Tuesday.

jpoutre

Reaction score
Mine has rebooted maybe 3 times since last Thursday for some reason, I can't tell you why but not really concerned at this point.

sidekickcwf

Reaction score
Reboot in Central Florida

I know North Carolina has had issues with reboots in the area. I am in the Tampa Bay area and I'm having the same issue. I also saw someone in Arizona apparently with the same issue.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
whats does tech support / vz say about this??

luckily i havent had a reboot (socal) two of my coworkers had one reboot each.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
When I received my phone in the mail, it kept freezing and rebooting randomly. I called tech support and they told me to factory restore it. I did. And then it froze and reset every time I tried reactivating.

I brought it to the Verizon store next day, and they gave me a free replacement, and it works great!

wireless200

Reaction score
whats does tech support / vz say about this??

[...]

They say a few cell sites have a certain configuration (regarding the neighbor list) that affects only the Incredible and they fix it very quickly if you let them know the location where the reboots are occurring. Evidently they corrected the issue within a day or so and have found only one or two isolated occurances since then.

rockinfigs

Reaction score
In Arizona, it rebooted 3 times on me yesterday, no OTA update here either.

I live in northridge ca and got my Droid inc day one and had no reboots at all. I came out to laughlin nv and was on the az side and my phone reported twice. It's total be the location and signal