My New DNA Case

Fojo123

Reaction score
Hey all, this is my first post here so please excuse me if I make any mistakes.

I think I will be purchasing a DNA in about 3 days and I've been searching everywhere for the best cases, accessories, etc. Including most of the threads in this forum. The Otterbox Defender apparently has an issue where the screen protector is too raised, others squeeze it too tight therefore causing screen issues, and many don't have a hole for the notification light on the rear of the phone. I forget who, but one of the members here was raving about how great Seidio cases are. Although I don't like the two piece look when it's a unibody phone, it looks pretty great. Basically, I will not be paying for insurance and am currently looking for a job so if there's a mishap where I toss it on the couch and it bounces off or it falls out of my pocket or something then I can NOT have that gorgeous screen shattering (I've heard it's a fairly common occurrence) because I will not have the money to replace it.

I suppose in conclusion my main questions are as follows; are the edges on the Seidio Surface raised enough to protect the screen without it feeling too bulky and maintaining the sleekness of the DNA? What is your preferred case for looks as well as protection? What screen protector should I use, if any? And also, is a charging mat necessary or is that little plastic cover on the charging/data port bearable?

I really appreciate any opinions, seems like this is a well-informed and helpful community. Glad I could join!

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Welcome to the forums! :) I'll let someone with a DNA recommend a case for ya....

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
I was probably the one raving about Seidio cases.

If you can't afford insurance, maybe you better get an Otterbox. They are really clunky, but they do a great job of protecting your baby!

You can remove the piece of crap screen protector that comes built into the Otterbox, and then either put on a screen protector of your choice, or go naked.

I go naked, but I use a holster, so the screen is always protected.

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
I missed the second part of your post.

As I've already made clear, the Seidio Surface case protects without adding bulk. The phone is sleek and sexy! But it probably won't protect as well as an Otterbox. The Otterbox protection comes at a cost of at least 1/4 of an inch on all sides, it really adds a lot to the size of the phone.

The edges of the Seidio surface are raised, so it does provide some protection. I guess only you can decide how much protection is enough, but I feel safe with my Seidio.

jayrod718

Reaction score
I'm already on my third atmosphere case, the case is ok but the right side keeps separating and coming apart. Also stay away from the palette poetic case! It's design is made terrible where the phone sinks into the case quite a bit leaving a large over gap. Both poetic cases I got for $4 and they replace them with no issues very fast but you get what you pay for. So far the best tpu style case I have found is the cruzerlite cases.

coastiescott

Reaction score
I've got the trident aegis case, it offers very good protection but the volume and sleep buttons are way too easy to push with the case on,I keep hitting them by accident!