Status
Not open for further replies.

chops

Reaction score
not my cup of tea looks ugly and uneven on the cuts

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
For others interested I have been in contact with monCarbon and they are willing to make a run of cases (30+) if they get pre-orders. PM me if you're interested and I'll give you the info.

OP
H

Hayden

Reaction score
SWEET, finally someone that can actually make and deliver a real case... Hayden can you please post a few pics of the 'inside' of the case (the part that rests on/against the phone). Thanks, this looks great (least better than anything CarbonCase has been able to produce).

Edit:
Also another ? does this case "clip" on or is it just friction fitted? And is the small whole next to the power button (second mic) open (i.e. not covered). Thanks again.

Ill get pics up of the inside later tonight. The inside looks as good as the outside. They have clips on the edges. Its stays on very tight just like it should. This is not a home brew case. Like i said im a VERY picky person when it comes to my cars and carbon fiber. My phone case is better quality than anything on my car. Im going to use Infinity Carbon for a few custom parts i need done.

not my cup of tea looks ugly and uneven on the cuts

Maybe were not looking at the same case..... Each to there own. Check out there site Infinity Carbon - Carbon Fiber Parts & Accessories for better pic. Mine give no justice. Carbon fiber is not for everyone. Not to mention there are not mass produced in china. They state each case is hand made in the US. I really like that.

For others interested I have been in contact with monCarbon and they are willing to make a run of cases (30+) if they get pre-orders. PM me if you're interested and I'll give you the info.

My best friend bought a MonCarbon case. The quality was poor and was not even clear coated. Had a dull finish in a couple of weeks. It also blocked his phones signal and didn't work most of the time. He took it off and had full service. I told him to buy a Infinity Carbon case. He did being leery of his signal strength. But he has had no issues with it. There are a lot of people who have this same complaint with the MonCarbon case. Infinity Carbon all the way, plus there no need for a group buy. They already make them.

Just my 2 cents.

Hayden

Last edited:

cuskit

Reaction score
Wow! Somehow I missed this thread yesterday. I'm quite impressed - their website looks good.

How long did it take to reach you after ordering? Are they stocking these or "made to order"? Any other colors?

Thanks for posting the pix! :) mikey

OP
H

Hayden

Reaction score
Wow! Somehow I missed this thread yesterday. I'm quite impressed - their website looks good.

How long did it take to reach you after ordering? Are they stocking these or "made to order"? Any other colors?

Thanks for posting the pix! :) mikey

You would be even more impressed with the case. It took about 3-4 days to get to me and free shipping. Its said on there site they were made to order but i got it really fast. So i think they stock them. Wouldnt know why they wouldn't, im sure they sell a lot. As far as "colors" carbon fiber only comes in "black". I did see that they use Hybrid materials (Carbon fiber and Kevlar (colored). So they maybe able to custom make you one. Not sure though.

Hayden

cuskit

Reaction score
You would be even more impressed with the case. It took about 3-4 days to get to me and free shipping. Its said on there site they were made to order but i got it really fast. So i think they stock them. Wouldnt know why they wouldn't, im sure they sell a lot. As far as "colors" carbon fiber only comes in "black". I did see that they use Hybrid materials (Carbon fiber and Kevlar (colored). So they maybe able to custom make you one. Not sure though.

Hayden[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick comeback! I am very much impressed by this case! I've been waiting for the CarbonCase guys, but it looks like they are going to be awhile. Price here is not much different. I'm going to inquire about a custom logo (MIKRADLE, of course)! ;) Thanks again! :) mikey

Beanfire

Reaction score
Ok, Maybe its just me, but I don't see a front cover to this case in the pics??? Did they remove it for illustration sake or is it lighting or am I just blind??

OP
H

Hayden

Reaction score
BeanFire,Yeah you missed something. 4th post on the first page. :)

Its just the back cover. I asked why they didnt make the face plate as i though i saw on there Face book that they made one. It turns out that they did for a short period of time. They piece is very complicated to make. It was pretty pricey for both parts when they made them. The sales rep told me that face plate was just to delicate and expensive to make. Im 100% content with just the rear cover and understand why it would be hard to make. Im a carbon fiber nerd and its on everything i own.

Hayden

Beanfire

Reaction score
BeanFire,Yeah you missed something. 4th post on the first page. :)

Its just the back cover. I asked why they didnt make the face plate as i though i saw on there Face book that they made one. It turns out that they did for a short period of time. They piece is very complicated to make. It was pretty pricey for both parts when they made them. The sales rep told me that face plate was just to delicate and expensive to make. Im 100% content with just the rear cover and understand why it would be hard to make. Im a carbon fiber nerd and its on everything i own.

Hayden

OK, Nevermind! I would like both so I'm fine with my seidio for now :greendroid:

xkaper

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on this product. I am going to contact them about different colors, sure would like a blue or red one. Thanks again.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
It also blocked his phones signal and didn't work most of the time. He took it off and had full service. I told him to buy a Infinity Carbon case. He did being leery of his signal strength. But he has had no issues with it. There are a lot of people who have this same complaint with the MonCarbon case.

The carbon fiber has a low electrical resistance , only around couple OHMS therefore it's creating a Faraday shield blocking RF signals . You will get this problem with any carbon fiber case that's covering the antenna . The level of radiation block depends on the thickness , carbon nanotubes diameter , angles etc. . Still with some extreme engineering and special coatings you can get the needed wavelengths to pass through , but that will be a really expensive case .

MJ5150

Reaction score
Don't do this unless you only plan on using it for 1 month out of the year.

Since when is hockey season only one month long?

I'm actually going to get a plain one, a Pens one, a Gators one, and a Steelers one so I can rotate them around when I get bored.

-Mike

OP
H

Hayden

Reaction score
Don't do this unless you only plan on using it for 1 month out of the year.

Since when is hockey season only one month long?

I'm actually going to get a plain one, a Pens one, a Gators one, and a Steelers one so I can rotate them around when I get bored.

-Mike

Hahaha.... Must be ball'n.

Hayden

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

Come on now. We already have one of these fiascos brewing here for months.

-Mike

ROFL, which is what I'm trying to put an end to... between this Infinity case and the monCarbon there are 'professionals' that can build these cases. Just though some people would like alternatives to the BS going on in 'that other thread'. I'm not affiliated with any of these manufactures in any way other than wanting a good case so I'm just trying to find one. Sadly it's apparent that CarbonCase can NOT deliver and there are a few things I don't like about the Infinity. So I'm just giving another option for others with similar views. Besides the more competition the better for everyone especially us customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.