"My Gallery" DATA use is crazy. Why? I hardly ever use it.

nomadicnut

Reaction score
I take pictures sure but they do not upload anywhere, Yet it is one of the major consumers of my data. I review my pictures but don't do anymore than that.

I cannot conceive why. Ideas please.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
I just opened my "My Gallery" and it appears that pictures posted by my facebook friends appear there as well. Could this be where the data use is coming from? If so, go into settings and uncheck "display friends activities".

David

OP
nomadicnut

nomadicnut

Reaction score
YellowJacket said:
I just opened my "My Gallery" and it appears that pictures posted by my facebook friends appear there as well. Could this be where the data use is coming from? If so, go into settings and uncheck "display friends activities".

David

David thx for your suggestion. The box was checked. I changed it and will now monitor again. Great idea.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Someone else posted in another part of this forum about the same problem. Just a suggestion, but "Quickpic" works much better than My Gallery. It's free in the Market, then you can disable that data hog app. :)

jaye712

Reaction score
Mattyp:speaking of this topic,i got the same issue with the youtube app.its ridiculous..any ideas?i dont wanna completely disable it cuz sometimes i use it since theres no flash in browser..any tips?

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Mattyp:speaking of this topic,i got the same issue with the youtube app.its ridiculous..any ideas?i dont wanna completely disable it cuz sometimes i use it since theres no flash in browser..any tips?

Don't have any suggestions as far as Youtube, that's one of those apps that you either use it or you don't, there's not any other apps or choices. Sorry :(

jaye712

Reaction score
MattyP said:
Don't have any suggestions as far as Youtube, that's one of those apps that you either use it or you don't, there's not any other apps or choices. Sorry :(

Oh its fine lol..iam wondering because on g.b i had the option to stop the backround data frm running when not in use n itll automatically turn on when i had to use it

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
So i force stopped my gallery like somebody had mentioned just to see if it helped battery life and it has a tiny tiny little bit...however its almost as if the my gallery app is no longer on my phone. Its not in my app drawer, its not in the manage apps or anywhere. Help? Where'd it go?

joshxdroid

Reaction score
hondabomdc5 said:
So i force stopped my gallery like somebody had mentioned just to see if it helped battery life and it has a tiny tiny little bit...however its almost as if the my gallery app is no longer on my phone. Its not in my app drawer, its not in the manage apps or anywhere. Help? Where'd it go?

You probably hit "disable" if you go into manage apps/all apps and scroll all the way to the bottom, you're disabled apps are there. They get hidden from your app drawer when they are disabled

jaye712

Reaction score
joshxdroid said:
You probably hit "disable" if you go into manage apps/all apps and scroll all the way to the bottom, you're disabled apps are there. They get hidden from your app drawer when they are disabled

Joshxdroid is right..ull see it there..if anything if ur trying to improve battery life,disable the stock apps u dont use(up to u)but its what i did with mines n i dont have any issues...quickpic app is great too btw.better then the stock gallery.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Joshxdroid is right..ull see it there..if anything if ur trying to improve battery life,disable the stock apps u dont use(up to u)but its what i did with mines n i dont have any issues...quickpic app is great too btw.better then the stock gallery.

I hated the stock gallery. It included my 250 wallpapers in with my camera pics, and Quickpic let's me "exclude" them :p

joshxdroid

Reaction score
MattyP said:
I hated the stock gallery. It included my 250 wallpapers in with my camera pics, and Quickpic let's me "exclude" them :p

Just a note on the stock app, i found if i added tags and then selected to view the tags catalog it was a lot easier to sort. But i ended up going to quickpic as well

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just a note on the stock app, i found if i added tags and then selected to view the tags catalog it was a lot easier to sort. But i ended up going to quickpic as well

Every time I took a pic with the camera I had to scroll through 250 wallpapers to get to the pic I took. Not any more after someone recommended Quickpic :D