my first impressions and hoping for some help too

big al

Reaction score
OK got VZW note 3. loving it so far. (coming from note 2)

Noticing a few things I could use some help with though.

1. my wife's settings menu has 4 tabs. mine is the same column type as note 2. she said she switched it somehow but does not know how. any ideas how to get it back to the column?
2. whats up with the voice navigation voice? sounds like the 1st droid slightly refined. Old note 2 voice was much nicer to listen to. ideas how to change?
3. the back is a bit slippery for anyone who hasn't felt it but I in no way find it cheesy as reported in a few places. either way, case coming as soon as Sedio gets off their butt.
4. whats the split N in a white box in the notification bar?
5. I'm glad Verizon didn't mess wit this one like the note 2. the wireless charging pegs are there the blocking mode is there and works, the notification panel has many more choices and dont seem to not have some as other carriers did on note 2

That's where I'm at for now. Ask away for questions and any help you may have on my issues would be much appreciated.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
The split N is the NFC notification - there is an icon glossary available in settings (VZW Note 3) and then about phone...

As for the tabs - while in system settings, press the menu button and select "switch to....".

No help on the voice unless you find something 3rd party to use.

I have the S View case on my Note 3 currently, but I liked the stock back cover over the actual plastic back of the Note 2.

reidry

Reaction score
OK got VZW note 3. loving it so far. (coming from note 2)

Noticing a few things I could use some help with though.

1. my wife's settings menu has 4 tabs. mine is the same column type as note 2. she said she switched it somehow but does not know how. any ideas how to get it back to the column?
2. whats up with the voice navigation voice? sounds like the 1st droid slightly refined. Old note 2 voice was much nicer to listen to. ideas how to change?
3. the back is a bit slippery for anyone who hasn't felt it but I in no way find it cheesy as reported in a few places. either way, case coming as soon as Sedio gets off their butt.
4. whats the split N in a white box in the notification bar?
5. I'm glad Verizon didn't mess wit this one like the note 2. the wireless charging pegs are there the blocking mode is there and works, the notification panel has many more choices and dont seem to not have some as other carriers did on note 2

That's where I'm at for now. Ask away for questions and any help you may have on my issues would be much appreciated.

2. Download the HD voice pack

[video=youtube;y1qz1A-lsuo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1qz1A-lsuo[/video]

Ryan

OP
big al

big al

Reaction score
2. Download the HD voice pack

[video=youtube;y1qz1A-lsuo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1qz1A-lsuo[/video]

Ryan
thanks. that helped some but now sounds like an old drunk hooker.