1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

First Impressions

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by skidmarx, Jan 19, 2010.

1. skidmarx

skidmarx New Member

Hi all,

I have had my Motorola Droid for a little over a month now. I thought it would be a good idea to wait until I had spent some time getting used to my new phone before posting up.

My wife had Verizon service for a few years before we switched to an AT&T family plan. She encouraged me to switch us back to Verizon when our contract was up. Being unhappy with AT&T's service and support, I was happy to oblige. I was also unhappy with my Windows Mobile smart phone, the Samsung BlackJack II.

The biggest problem I had with my old phone was that I found the interface discouraging to use. In fact, I pretty much abandoned using the smart phone capabilities and used it exclusively for phone calls, texting and light web surfing. I don't hold any grudges against the phone or the OS, but it was just not for me.

Now that I have my Droid, I couldn't be happier. I find it much more user-friendly and customizable than my old phone. I now feel much better about paying $30/month for unlimited data. Combine that with the fact that the service and support from Verizon is miles better than AT&T and I am glad that I made the switch.

I use this forum to find suggestions for apps. I have found that reading through the discussions and reviews really helps narrow down which apps I will find useful. So far the apps that I am most happy with are PdaNet, Handcent, Swype, Beautiful Widgets, Pandora, Advanced Task Killer and Battery Left.

-Josh
  2. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

:welcome: to DroidForums!
  3. unix.punkx

unix.punkx Beta Team

:welcome:

I'm glad your enjoying the phone so far!
  4. bossrogue

bossrogue New Member

Welcome to Droid Forums!