Battery life, reception, a bug, and first impressions....

Reaction score
I am doing a full battery drain today. Currently at 43% on almost 9 hours. 56% was used for screen.... I do use the phone quite often. Texts, emails, some navigation, few minutes of gaming, some music, and I use the phone with a BTY headset. I started off this morning with about an hour or so of heavy texting.

Reception seems ok for voice. I have noticed times when the phone went to 3G....reminds me of my Bionic in the early days. Seems like there are some handoff issues, but very minor. Overall, I am ok with it.

My main bug is the voice-to-text when texting or writing an email. I use this function a lot, but about half the time, when I [press the voice-to-text button on the keyboard, it just tries to initiate the app. I think this has to do with my BT headset. I plan on trying to turn off media sounds to the headset to see if that works, but I like being able to hear my Goggle Voice VM messages on the headset.

Overall, the phone is a BEAST!! ZERO LAG....It handles whatever I throw at it. My bionic got horrible after the last update. It’s so nice to click on email, and it opens right away. Widgets initiate my music very fast, and it’s just a joy....I am getting used to holding the phone in one hand, which is my main complaint. Also, it seems to want to slip out of my pocket when in my bucket seats....I went ahead and added the insurance (which I never do) to my account today. I picked up a case with a kickstand at Verizon for 19.99, and turned out to be $15 with my corporate discount.

Other than the annoying voice to text bug, I am happy.

Also, on a side note, how do I turn off email notifications for replies to threads on this forum. I have tried twice, and keep getting them. Is there not a global, I do not want any email settings somewhere?

jseah

Reaction score
Fully charged it and then unplugged it from the charger around 2 pm. 2 hours and 45 minutes later, with a couple of phone calls, typical emails, etc. and the battery meter is at 85%. I do expect the battery life won't be optimal for a few days to a week. With my Rezound with the 2750 mAH extended battery, the battery would typically only last about 14-16 hours before the battery level drops to the point where it warns you to plug it in (~15% remaining).

EDIT: It is now almost 7 hours since I unplugged the charger and the battery meter is sitting at 73%.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
For email notifications...go to forum actions, general settings, scroll down to default thread notification mode - select thru my control panel only...

Great starting review on the Note 2 :)...

geoff5093

Reaction score
Reception is a bit worse than my DNA unfortunately, but I do love the phone!

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
I'm loving it so far. I am truly impressed with the sound playing music. On my Thunderbolt would have the volume all the way up while listening on headphones & it still wasn't very loud. On the Note II, I'd blow my eardrums out on full blast! Finally a sound system on a phone that I can really enjoy listening to.

Also battery Is WAY better than TB. I'm really going to enjoy this phone and learning all the new features.

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
I'm loving it so far. I am truly impressed with the sound playing music. On my Thunderbolt would have the volume all the way up while listening on headphones & it still wasn't very loud. On the Note II, I'd blow my eardrums out on full blast! Finally a sound system on a phone that I can really enjoy listening to.

Also battery Is WAY better than TB. I'm really going to enjoy this phone and learning all the new features.

i'm having mixed experiences with the audio, it sounded great on my headphones but plugged into my car the volume was way lower for some reason. Coming from Bionic. Batter life literally isnt even comparable its in another league

OP
M
Reaction score
I got about 16 hours yesterday. I did have to put it in battery saver mode and turn off push for exchange at some point so I could make it through the day. I would classify my use close to heavy yesterday.

Another bug. If you install lightflow, it will break the swiftkey function of the samsung keyboard. I totally hate how emails have the same led light as texts. But I love the keyboard and swiftkey, so for now I am looking for an alternate solution. This issue came up with the s3 and is well documented.

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
I'm amazed at the battery life. Now admittedly it wasn't used heavily but my phone has been on for 24hrs and it still has 60% left on battery. I was down at Mohegan Sun yesterday for 12 hrs with my BT earpiece on, made a few calls & texts, checked Facebook a few times and emails. Left it on all night and just got up and was shocked to see how much battery left. My Thunderbolt died after 6 hors lat time I was at Mohegan and that was with no BT.

I REALLY LOVE this phone! My only minor complaint is where the power & volume buttons are. That where my finger land wben I hold the phone when trying to take pices in landscape mode so it zooms in or I sbut pphone off. I'll make adjustmentss though when I get use to it.

Caesars

Reaction score
On wifi with Web browsing/tapatalk only. .. But still unbelievable :).

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354459739182.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354459739182.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 308

blowabs

Reaction score
Hmmmm.....does GNote2 battery life beat Maxx HD, or equal it?[gwas all set to get a Maxx hd..but saw this beauty up close today...]
ty guys
Allan

geoff5093

Reaction score
Hmmmm.....does GNote2 battery life beat Maxx HD, or equal it?[gwas all set to get a Maxx hd..but saw this beauty up close today...]
ty guys
Allan
Seeing as how the MAXX HD has a larger battery and smaller screen, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet to assume the MAXX HD gets better battery life, although the Note 2's battery life is still great.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I had the Maxx HD for 11 days.. It beat the Note but with my testing I find I can get great screen on time comparable to the Maxx with this phone... I've done 6hrs screen time and 19+ overall easily... Also keep in mind that Maxx when I tested is on ICS.. Jellybean with Google Now running updates for scores /weather /locations can drain some more... No worries with this beast of a phone though...

《Take Note2 BK's here..》