GIVEAWAY My experience switching from an old Flagship to a new Budget Phone.

alabamamercy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
TL/DR: FOR ME, the Moto G7 Power is a nice experience compared to the Galaxy S7 Edge.

Battery life on my S7E was getting pretty bad so around November I started looking for a new phone. I wasn’t in a real rush; I figured I would wait to see what early 2020 would offer. Being on Verizon severely limits options but that’s a different topic. About a week before Christmas the S7E started really acting up and battery life fell off the cliff. Then it started getting very hot and the battery expanded enough to unseat the back glass panel. Suddenly I needed to make a quick decision.

I don’t think I’m typical of the type of user that follows. All I use my phone for is to make calls, text a bit, use Google Maps, lurk Reddit, track my cycling miles and gym workouts and listen to music on Spotify and my own Google Play library. I don’t play any game. I also don’t use any other Social Media. So no Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or Snapchat apps installed. I’ve also only had two phone over the past 6 years – the S7E and prior to that a Galaxy S3. Bottom line is – I simply don’t need a powerful Flagship – I’m about as basic a user as you can get.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welcome to the Forum! Congrats on the new phone; the Moto G series offers a lot of bang-for-the-buck.