Motorola Announces New G & E Budget Phone

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F757009%2Fe4115d1c-99bf-4f37-8b59-e1911858c908.jpg

The newest versions of Motorola's budget phone line series, the E and G, were announced yesterday at an event in Brazil (one of Motorola's best markets). The Moto G6 with a Snapdragon 450, 3 or 4 GB of RAM, 32 or 64 of storage, microSD slot and a 3,000 mAh battery is going to set you back $249. Motorola has added curved Gorilla Glass 3 on the back and made the fingerprint sensor smaller and more pill shaped to accommodate the new 5.7 inch IPS 1080p screen. Personally, if I live to be 1,000 I'll never understand adding MORE glass to a phone. And yes, there's a headphone jack on ALL THESE PHONES.
There's a Play version of the G6 starting at $199. As you'd expect, smaller processor, smaller amount of RAM and onboard storage with a non-IPS screen pegged at 720p. It does have a fatter battery though at 4,000 mAh. There's an even higher end G6 Plus, that will not be available in the US, with even better specs like the Snapdragon 630 and possibly 6GB of RAM.
Official pricing was NOT announced for the 2 new E phones, but you know they will be slotted under the G series. The E5+ is the higher end of the E series with a Snapdragon 435, 3GB of Ram, 32GB of expandable storage, a 6 inch IPS HD+ screen with an even larger 5,000 mAh battery. 5,000. Not a typo.
The E5 Play which will probably be priced around $130 is the low end phone with a Snapdragon 425/427, 2GB, 16GB expandable storage and a tiny little (comparatively speaking) 2,800 mAh removable battery. Also not a typo. REMOVABLE BATTERY, I SAID! How crazy is that?

Source: Mashable

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Both look like awesome mid range phones. You get a lot of great phone for those prices.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
And that's why Moto sells a ton of them in some parts of the world, the Moto G and Moto E series are very popular and hot sellers in some countries (Brazil, India, etc.). They aren't just for kids, they are great phones if you aren't worried about having a traditional "flagship" phone here in the US.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Bot?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

ayanav

Banned
Reaction score
1 / Do you have an estimated MotoG6 test date?
2 / information on the Moto G6 plus ?? a priori it would be unavailable at the moment in France (or never available in the end?) It is based on a Snap 630 which makes it in my opinion more interesting ... that the G6 very simple for a rather limited extra cost (since it gains in RAM and storage)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ShowBox Lucky Patcher Kodi

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
1 / Do you have an estimated MotoG6 test date?
2 / information on the Moto G6 plus ?? a priori it would be unavailable at the moment in France (or never available in the end?) It is based on a Snap 630 which makes it in my opinion more interesting ... that the G6 very simple for a rather limited extra cost (since it gains in RAM and storage)
1) No. No one here probably knows that information.

2) I think the original article already discussed the G6+.

Wilsondrake

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 5
https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F757009%2Fe4115d1c-99bf-4f37-8b59-e1911858c908.jpg

The newest versions of Motorola's budget phone line series, the E and G, were announced yesterday at an event in Brazil (one of Motorola's best markets). The Moto G6 with a Snapdragon 450, 3 or 4 GB of RAM, 32 or 64 of storage, microSD slot and a 3,000 mAh battery is going to set you back $249. Motorola has added curved Gorilla Glass 3 on the back and made the fingerprint sensor smaller and more pill shaped to accommodate the new 5.7 inch IPS 1080p screen. Personally, if I live to be 1,000 I'll never understand adding MORE glass to a phone. And yes, there's a headphone jack on ALL THESE PHONES.
There's a Play version of the G6 starting at $199. As you'd expect, smaller processor, smaller amount of RAM and onboard storage with a non-IPS screen pegged at 720p. It does have a fatter battery though at 4,000 mAh. There's an even higher end G6 Plus, that will not be available in the US, with even better specs like the Snapdragon 630 and possibly 6GB of RAM.
Official pricing was NOT announced for the 2 new E phones, but you know they will be slotted under the G series. The E5+ is the higher end of the E series with a Snapdragon 435, 3GB of Ram, 32GB of expandable storage, a 6 inch IPS HD+ screen with an even larger 5,000 mAh battery. 5,000. Not a typo.
The E5 Play which will probably be priced around $130 is the low end phone with a Snapdragon 425/427, 2GB, 16GB expandable storage and a tiny little (comparatively speaking) 2,800 mAh removable battery. Also not a typo. REMOVABLE BATTERY, I SAID! How crazy is that?

Source: Mashable

3,000 mAh battery well it is just that it is a mid range phone but such low batter in this era where there are 10s of apps running in the background, and games requiring a lot of storage and power.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
3,000 mAh battery well it is just that it is a mid range phone but such low batter in this era where there are 10s of apps running in the background, and games requiring a lot of storage and power.

the newer processors help with battery usage so you can run more with less.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
That's when you go for e series with 5k battery.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
These phones are not necessarily designed for the hard-core Android gamer, or hard-core power user that needs a ton of battery and the best chip available. As previously mentioned (and I agree with @me just sayin 100%) the newer chips and 3000 mAH (or in that range) batteries can do way more than previous years. Let's not forget that these are mid-range phones targeted to developing markets and users that can't afford flagship prices. I have actually used a Moto G series phone, so I can say from personal experience that you would be amazed at the performance vs. price; it is unbelievable and other than the all plastic phone you wouldn't know it's not a flagship. So, I say...good job Moto, keep making awesome these phones that many people can actually afford and get a stock Android experience (that's right...no carrier bloatware) with all the perks of the Moto app. :cool: