My droid x is unreliable for making/receiving calls and texts

beobeobeo

Reaction score
In the last week or so, I've been having a problem with receiving and sending texts and calls. I contacted Verizon and they managed to get it functional for about a day or so, but the problem seems to reoccur and the tech support seems to dismiss my claims and gives me the temporary fix once again. It seems to be as if I can send a single text or call out every once in a while, but then stops entirely. More so, I am just curious about whether or not it is a problem with the phone itself or the provider. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Not rooted, Android version 2.2.1
Also, it seems as if I can make a call or send a text here and there after I restart the phone, but then the problem persists.

Last edited:

Strothmann

Reaction score
Well you could root, and back up every thing and wipe and restore. or hell switch to a custom rom. And if that doesn't work tell the vzw dumbass the phone needs to be replace. be frim when talking to them.

bonzomatic

Reaction score
I have the same issues. A lot of my texts don't send successfully and making calls occasionally locks the phone up. It all started after 2.2 update. I am not rooted either.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Strothmann

Reaction score
I had the same issue on running stock. the problem got so bad i couldn't call anyone so i install a custom rom. never had an issue sense.

I have the same issues. A lot of my texts don't send successfully and making calls occasionally locks the phone up. It all started after 2.2 update. I am not rooted either.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jerryc41

Reaction score
Same problem for months. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. If I shut it down and restart, it might work. Someone suggested doing a factory reset, so I might try that. I am talking about phone calls only. I don't text.