x not sending or receiving all texts

cheeve

Reaction score
I am having a problem with my Droid X sending and receiving text messages. About 25% of the messages i try to send will say message not sent. All incoming texts have a huge delay from the time they are sent until I receive them. This time can range from 30 minutes to 12 hours but I never receive one immediately. Any ideas, because the verizon store is useless in the matter

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
are you in an area of decent reception? maybe try dialing *228 to update roaming

OP
C

cheeve

Reaction score
Reception is fine. This happens no matter where I am located. What exactly does the *228 do?

Bhowell

Reaction score
This is the exact same issue that I am having. *228 will not help resolve the issue. It is only a quick fix because it will pull all of the texts in that are out floating. After about 10-15 mintues they go back into delay mode. Every 3rd or 4th message I send comes back not sent/rejected. If you make a call you will hear random beeps as they come in. I have called Verizon and there is a trouble ticket that has been submitted. It has been two days and I am still having the same issue. Last night I sent out a couple messages pertaining to the conversation at that time around 11pm. I did not receive a response until 10am this morning when I made an outgoing call. Anyone have any feedback?

Reaction score
I am having a problem with my Droid X sending and receiving text messages. About 25% of the messages i try to send will say message not sent. All incoming texts have a huge delay from the time they are sent until I receive them. This time can range from 30 minutes to 12 hours but I never receive one immediately. Any ideas, because the verizon store is useless in the matter

The software update tomorrow (NOT 2.2) should fix this matter along with others.

Bhowell

Reaction score

The software update tomorrow (NOT 2.2) should fix this matter along with others.

When is the update? How do we know it will resolve the texting issue?

Rompecorazones

Reaction score
I think I may have the same issue? I have messages with double green arrows pointing to the left. My phone froze, and when I went back to the text messaging screen, many prior texts from conversations moved to the top and changed the order. One friend said she received old texts while another friend said he received nothing. I am using SMS Popup steadily now if that helps in any way...

wlfpckgrl1

Reaction score
Same problem here. Although, to be fair, my reception is horrible inside my house, and my delay isnt quite as bad as what you have described, but its consistently a few minutes off. And I know this because I receive up to like 10 messages at ONCE. Once one comes in, several more do as well. It happens constantly.

Rompecorazones

Reaction score
I think I may have found the cause of my problems...

Seems like the texts that are resending themselves are the ones sent through a 3rd party programs' quick reply feature like on SMS Popup. If you just have it set to go to the stock app to reply I might work. Still testing it out...

incslinger

Reaction score
SMS screen doesnt work properly or consistently

I'm having huge problems with SMS on my Droid X. More than 75% time the phone either wont load the messages or it does it but takes forever. Then if it does load the messages and I select one of them it just jumps back to the main screen or even resets the entire phone!

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this. I'm very close to just taking the phone back to the store and returning to using my Blackberry Storm.

Noxic

Reaction score
I called *228 and it resolved my texting issue.....i think it has something to do with finding a good cell tower??

JAH™

Reaction score
I had issues with my texts getting through to some of my contacts. The problem that I encountered and solved was my electronic signature was my ID here JAH™. Once I deleted the "™", the texts started to be received