Droid X not sending text.

silky johnson

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a problem again with the DX. I noticed the other day that there are a few contacts in my phone that I can't send a text to. Before you ask, yes the people can receive text. One of the contacts is actually my sister whom I text quite often. Then out of no where when I try to send her a text it wont go through no matter how many times I retry. I have done a complete wipe on the phone, factory reset, etc. And nothing seems to fix this problem. Just wondering if any of you may have experienced this problem, and if so, are there any fixes for this. Thanks for any advice and tips in advance. One last thing is that I gave my sister my Droid X today due to me buying the thunderbolt, and now she is having the same problem when she tries to send me a text....:cus:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Do you have a DX or a Thunderbolt?
Would the contacts in question happen to be synced to your fb?

This thread has been Thunder struck!

OP
silky johnson

silky johnson

Reaction score
I currently have the thunderbolt now. The X did belong to me before, and I had those problems, and was just throwing out there that I gave my sister the X and now she cant send me a text. So the problem is still occurring. Yes the contact is linked with my facebook profile.

Edit-I removed the link between my contact and facebook profile and that fixed the problem? But almost all of the other contacts are linked the same way and they don't have that problem?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Gotcha. Double check that the numbers don't have +1 at the beginning.

This thread has been Thunder struck!

memyselfandu

Reaction score
Droid X

:) I had the same problem with my DX, if your phone has a signature on it, remove it,, some phones don't support same formats. I had changed my" L " to the currency pound symbol and thats what was causing the problems. I hope this helps. :icon_ banana: