My Droid has a mind of its own - Random Keystrokes

MontyMo

Reaction score
Occasionally my Droid takes off on its own, as if I am swiping or changing apps. Random key pressing in rapid fire. Windows will change, letters are typed, i can hold the phone and watch it go.

The key strokes will last for random lengths of time. Sometimes 5 seconds, sometimes much longer. I usually have to restart the phone. SOmetimes I have to restart it a couple of times.

It can go for weeks and nothing will happen, then it will happed a couple times a day.

Crazy.

Has anyone seen this behavior?

Monty

dwagner88

Reaction score
Occasionally my Droid takes off on its own, as if I am swiping or changing apps. Random key pressing in rapid fire. Windows will change, letters are typed, i can hold the phone and watch it go.

The key strokes will last for random lengths of time. Sometimes 5 seconds, sometimes much longer. I usually have to restart the phone. SOmetimes I have to restart it a couple of times.

It can go for weeks and nothing will happen, then it will happed a couple times a day.

Crazy.

Has anyone seen this behavior?

Monty

I had this problem on my droid, I tried everything to fix it, including a full factory reset. Eventually I had to unroot and get it swapped out for a refurbished unit. Hope it works out for you.