My Droid has a Mind of its own

michaelearth

Reaction score
About an hour ago I went to pick up my phone to send a text and for the love of God, I could not navigate to the messaging app. My Droid would just go into different apps by itself without me clicking into them. One time it opened up the app store and clicked into in app and almost bought it!

Ive tried taking out the battery and sd card and rebooting it. But its not helping anything. Now my phone is rooted to BB v1 so should I ty going back to stock? OR what should I do?

Thanks

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Do you have a stable backup of the BB v1.0

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
was it plugged in? like were the icons all wobbly and stuff when you tried to focus in on one specific area?

BKS

Reaction score
Sometimes when I set mine down on my flat desk it will change to the horizontal screen. Drives me nuts.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
These aren't phones, they are actually well disguised gremlins.

/shifty eyes

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Sometimes when I set mine down on my flat desk it will change to the horizontal screen. Drives me nuts.

same here. i think its the top of the phone is not level. i would prop it up with a stickie note pad. LOL

ABRoark

Reaction score
This might be too simple, but sometimes my phone gets really greasy from exciting phone calls. Haha. And when I try to select certain things, it selects the wrong thing.

After a good cleaning, everything works.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
there's a weird bug where, sometimes, when plugged in using a non-factory usb cord, if you hold your finger still on an icon or a drag bar, it wiggles even though your finger isn't moving

timmy

Reaction score
I had an issue similar to that that I figured out was stemming from my screen protector and protective case combination. The screen protector (Invisa-shield by Zagg) and the Otterbox for the droid put too much pressure on the screen, causing it to open wrong menus, going into the browser, and just plain not responding correctly.

If you use aftermarket products such as screen protectors and/or protective cases that might cause it to do that.