My Droid folders are possessed!!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid MAXX' started by rosariorose9, May 29, 2014.

1. rosariorose9

rosariorose9 Active Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Running KitKat on my Droid Maxx, and sometimes when I try to add a new app to one of the folders I've created, the folder literally scoots around the screen, preventing my adding the app! Never had this happen with Jelly Bean on my Razr Maxx. Has anyone else had this happen to them??!!

2. doogald

doogald Active Member

Ratings:
    +42
    Grr, it happens almost every time I try to add an app icon to a folder. I've found that if you slide the icon you're trying to move up into the folder from the bottom it seems to do this less.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rosariorose9

Ratings:
    +61
    Glad to know I'm not going crazy! :p And you're right - if I 'fiddle' enough, I'm able to get it done.

4. Einsteindks

Einsteindks Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I use nova launcher to organize my apps into folders in the app drawer. And once they are copied into the main screens, every change I make in the app drawer is reflected on the main screens. I haven't played chase-the-folder in quite a while.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

5. rosariorose9

Ratings:
    +61
    Don't you miss it? It's one of the few games that doesn't require all those obnoxious 'permissions' to play. :biggrin:

6. ajGoes

ajGoes Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's normal behavior, for better or worse. Depending how quickly you move over the folder's position, it either scoots away to let you drop the app in its place or stays put, grows a halo, and lets you drop the new app into the folder. Speed is the determining factor: move slowly and the folder scoots; move fast and it stays put.

7. RzrGrl

RzrGrl New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I had a lot of trouble with the folders when I was running JB on my RAZR. I was lucky if I could create a folder that didn't take a lot of scurrying around the screen. Since I've gotten KitKat on my droid Maxx I've been able to create folders with one smooth sweep. There have been a few times when an app was being really stubborn. On my RAZR and now on my MAXX, I create a folder with any two apps. Then just open that folder and click on the menu inside and select "add to" Add the app you want and then just remove the ones you don't. Kind of a work around, but works for me until it gets fixed.

• Like Like x 1
Search tags for this page

my droid is possessed

my droid razr x seems to be possessed