FoxFi question.

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Finally abandoning my trusty Motorola Razr Maxx for a new Droid Maxx which will arrive running Jelly Bean. I know that wifi does not work on FoxFi with KitKat,, but I wanted to verify, before updating, that USB still does. Can anyone verify that? Thanks a million.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Thanks cr6. Much appreciated. I was aware of the FoxFi/Pdanet integration, and had seen that 'compatability' chart. My question, which I probably didn't articulate well, was whether (notwithstanding Pdanet's advices) anyone on this board can verify from personal experience that USB tethering in FoxFi/Pdanet does still work with KitKat. Can anyone here confirm that? Thanks!

badwax

Reaction score
Have to use the Bluetooth tether ...works between my xt1080 and my xoom

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Thanks, badwax. PDANet says that it does work on KitKat with USB tether, but you're saying that it does not?

Mad.Matt

Reaction score
The only set back (on the free version) is the limited data transfer amount until you purchase the app. But it does work great. If the Chinese boot loader unlock comes back online I highly recommend that path

Sent from my Unlocked Droid Maxx
TWRP

Kobesan

Reaction score
USB tethering works on my razr maxx hd with kitkat. The hotspot does not, but you know that.