My D2 Has A Buzz

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like in buzzing noise when your using the phone.

Ever heard a blown speaker? Well, that's sort of what it's like talking to people on the phone. Speaker works fine, and I didn't think about it until the rep told me that I could use bluetooth.

Anyway, this will be my third D2. First one was my fault, I bricked it after doing an sbf. This time however it seems like the speaker is just blown.

Rep asked if there was anything else he could do. I suggested sending me a brand new X2 as a replacement, however he did not agree with that idea. Oh well.

Just got to remember to bring it back to stock before I send it back to them Replacement arrives on Tuesday.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
3rd one huh? How did you brick the 1st one while sbf'ing? I'm still on my 1st (thank God). Too bad they wouldn't send you an x2.

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
3rd one huh? How did you brick the 1st one while sbf'ing? I'm still on my 1st (thank God). Too bad they wouldn't send you an x2.

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

I was only joking with the guy about the X2, he knew that. I really don't expect anything more then what my warranty calls for.

The first one I had Gingerbread installed, and a newer version of it was available. In order to get that I had to go back to stock Froyo 2.2. I made it through the sbf but then at the very end the D2 wouldn't reboot.

So I put it into bootloader myself and hooked back up to sbf. Passed. So I was back at 2.2. But when I tried to boot it up it stuck at the Motorola logo. No bootloop, just stuck.

I ran sbf 2 more times and still no luck so I decided to declare it bricked.

My current phone worked well until this buzzing issue came up. It did also seem like the keyboard wanted to open a little to easy, but not to the point where it was unacceptable.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I had this slight buzz with my DROID 2 before I got my DROID
pro. I never figured out how to fix it but luckily my pro doesn't suffer from the same issues my DROID 2 did.

Last edited: