Returning a broken, rooted Droid 2 to Verizon

elzapato

Reaction score
So I have a rooted D2 that Verizon replaced with a refurb and I need to mail the old one back to them. The old one broke during a hard reset + OTA firware update that a Verizon phone rep was helping with. He determined that Verizon would replace it free of charge.

So now I have to send back the phone. It's a rooted Verizon ROM, not a custom ROM. Are they going to have a problem with that, and do I risk having to pay for the replacement because I rooted it?

Do I need to bring it back to stock? The phone is semi-bricked. The home screen is black, and I can't do anything from the phone itself. I can plug it into a PC and fix it from there, I guess, but I'm clueless about how to do that. Any help is appreciated.

mack19318

Reaction score
Well if the screen is black, then I don't think you need to worry, they will flash fresh sbf after they fix the screen and it will clear out everything. But if your still worried than sbf with a pc. You will need to search this forum for a step by step guide. I would google it and then search for the post from droid forums.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
E

elzapato

Reaction score
Thanks mack. I think I'll send it in as-is, and let the chips fall where they may.