Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Hacks' started by InspiredGS, Sep 18, 2011.
awesome job.nice car too. you should VIP ur lexus.
Keep in mind that I already installed these parts a long time ago.
- RGB to composite converter (unit that lets you switch stock navigation to composite inputs): http://www.tvandnav2go.com/
- HDMI to composite converter (unit that lets you convert digital(hdmi) signal to an analog(composite) signal): Amazon.com: HDMI to Composite /S-Video Converter 3RCA CRT TV CVBS: Electronics
- Power converter - any brand (mine is a 400watt unit used to power the HDMI converter as well as my PS2)
- Multiple input video/audio signal switcher - any brand
- FM modulator - I prefer wired, not wireless. any brand
- Video distribution amplifier - recommended if you plan on hooking up more than 1 screen, but can do without by using composite y-splitters. any brand
- Ground loop isolators - any brand
- variety of 3, 2, and 1 wire composite cables.
I think that is the majority of the parts used in order to work on the factory navigation system.
Other parts in my setup not necessary:
- Playstation 2
- prototype automotive HDTV converter box (pixelated when the car is in motion, recently removed)
- Divx media player (300gig hard drive) (was used previously with hdmi to composite converter)
- rear view camera (auto switches video feed with the RGB converter when in reverse)
- 2x 9.2 inch headrest monitors
- 1800 watt amp
- 2x 12 inch subs
If I didn't install all those parts way back then, I personally would think twice about spending money on all these audio/video stuff. Things add up quickly. Since I already had everything, it was a simple plug-in for me. dancedroid
Thanks. Actually, I stop modding the GS like 3-4 years ago. VIP style is cool though. Maybe on my next car.
Dude! That is the COOLEST "hack" I've ever seen! And quite "simple" too! Great thinking!
Yes. You nailed it. No magnets in either standard dock or car dock. Once the dock circuitry (car or standard dock) and hdmi connects to the phone, the pulldown menu will allow you to switch mirror/webtop modes. $99 bucks for the media dock?! No thank you!
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
You said it brother, totally agree.
Dude this is freakin' awesome...any idea on how I can do this to my 05 Jeep Grand Cherokee Navigation System...
Google Translate: Several can be customized to sell me, Oh
Then he wrote: 对车载播放机有分辨率要求么
Google Translate: Resolution of the board have asked what player
I guess he wants to buy one, and he is wondering about resolution.
Okay, I get what's going on here, I just don't know what the mini HDMI cord is hooked to on the circuitry (not super smart...lol)
And what is the cost?