Droid Bionic Webtop Hack

adbloch

Reaction score
Before the OTA update, I had my phone rooted, and had my Bionic hacked so I could use the webtop environment without having the actual hardware for it. I could just plug in the HDMI cable, and choose webtop. When the update came around, I flashed back to stock, forever rooted, and performed the update. Is it safe to reinstall the webtop hack? the hack is found at the link below. Thanks!

Webtop Hack: Droid Bionic » -WebTop Mod Hack for The Droid Bionic Weptop via HDMI no docks!

Dezero

Reaction score
I am forever rooted still showing Super user access for all of my rooted apps however, after the OTA i can no longer get the Bionic Bootstrapper to work. ive uninstalled and re installed, When i choose "bootstrap Recovery" it says success, but then when i select reboot. it doesn't do anything. no error message no nothing its like my click is clicking a button for the sake of turning it a different color lol :mad:

donzz

Reaction score
I am forever rooted still showing Super user access for all of my rooted apps however, after the OTA i can no longer get the Bionic Bootstrapper to work. ive uninstalled and re installed, When i choose "bootstrap Recovery" it says success, but then when i select reboot. it doesn't do anything. no error message no nothing its like my click is clicking a button for the sake of turning it a different color lol :mad:
Do you have Titanium Backup? Does that work?

Dezero

Reaction score
nevermind my post above regarding un able to root after the 893 update, it was a corruption on my end. I am now rooted completely.

OP
A

adbloch

Reaction score
Gee, thanks for stealing my thread...

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
I use an app called nebtop that does what you need very well and very easily. Its like three bucks on the market but free from their website.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

djmatt8787

Reaction score
i found nebtop, but i am (presently not near my HDMI) and confused how to use it. lets say i wanted to connect a BT keyboard and mouse, and use my sony 40" as a screen, which "home" do i chose when i launch nebtop?

and if i cannot connect the BT devices, how can i use the phone as the keyboard and mouse?

thatguyry87

Reaction score
I also am wondering if its possible to connect my phone to to a USB hub and connect a USB keyboard and mouse to the hub to use with this. Or also like say if I wanted to be able to plug a large jump drive into the hub how would I get my phone e to recognizeit?

i found nebtop, but i am (presently not near my HDMI) and confused how to use it. lets say i wanted to connect a BT keyboard and mouse, and use my sony 40" as a screen, which "home" do i chose when i launch nebtop?

and if i cannot connect the BT devices, how can i use the phone as the keyboard and mouse?

gsDroid

Reaction score
There are several bluetooth mini keyboards with trackpad available well under $100 if you search on Buy or Amazon. No usb needed.