My Baby X is Dying.......

Manigma77

Reaction score
I just want you express my sorrow and regret for getting the Droid X. I had the D1 for over a year and I never got bored with it, tweaking, themeing, roming, etc, but now I have had the Dx since January and it is allready boring, I see devs dropping off the x more and more and I fear this device will die faster than the D1. If only my D1 had a screen this big, I would have never have given her up. Now I am stuck with this device for 20 more months and no future in its sight, What do I do now? I guess I will just have to save up and get the next best thing, I wish I would have saved my upgrade but it's too late now. Who is with me on this and what are your thoughts or recomendations on what to do next for a tweakaholic that is having his drug dwindle away day by day?

qman66

Reaction score
ive had it since launch day and havent been bored of it one bit. the only advantage the droid has is the bootloader isnt encrypted. but if it was that big of a deal to u u should have done some research before u got the dx

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Running stock here and I find it better than the D1

Rocko

Reaction score
The Dev's have taken a nap on the X, that I will agree with.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Atleast there's more support for the x than the 2g..... only support we get is when Angdroid finally releases an update and the work that Get R Done does.

Sent from my RubiXed D2G

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I got the X in January coming from the D1. I dont miss that smaller slower phone at all. I was in love with the X day one running stock!

Chiefobs

Reaction score
I recieved mine on day one also. And I've been a happy campper ever since. I originally thought this would be a bridge phone until the IPhone came to verizon. But now it's my baby until IPhone 5 gives me a reason to switch. (A four inch screen might just do it.)

jmorton10

Reaction score
I also got the X on day one & this is the very first phone I have ever owned that I don't really care about upgrading.

I am usually waiting impatiently for the next newest best model to become available, but I am still 100% happy with the X.

~John

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Love my X...had it since early Sept 2010...and have yet to get bored with it...but I chalk part of that up to the fact that I realize it is just a phone.

My suggestion to you, save your pennies, jump on the very next latest, greatest, blingiest hunk of plastic and glass and tweek until either your heart is content, or your piggy bank is empty...at the end of the day, regardless of which happens, you will still be right where you are now...holding a phone.

Subbiepops

Reaction score
I got my X a couple of months after release and LOVE it! Haven't rooted it yet, been running stock . . . Haven't gotten bored yet. Rooting is next . . .

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Its gonna be rejuvinated now, just gotta give them time to get everything set up for new kernels.

Sent from my RubiXed D2G

spicoli1980

Reaction score
Agreed this is about to get very interesting....hopefully

thinman72069

Reaction score
Psshhht. I'm rockin stock and this thing never gets old. You're not serious.
Just hook up to the morphine drip now and live out the rest of your days on the holodeck if you're so bored.