X GPS problems

kdw11005

Reaction score
Im having a lot of problems with my gps on my X. I loved the navigation on my D1, but on the X I seem to have a hard time finding addresses and the gps signal keeps getting lost after about a minute of it running. I'll exit out, go back into navigation and after about a minute it loses signal again. I never had a problem with a signal on my D1 and I'm in the same places with my X and I'm just really disappointed with this feature since I use it so often. I was just wondering if anyone else has had these problems.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I use a D1 myself, but I just read a thread yesterday about a fix for the X and GPS. Someone had a fix that worked for others. Do a search

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I don't need the fix. I have a D1. GPS works great. Just letting you know a fix was just posted yesterday for the X that others said worked

tj1772

Reaction score
Do you have all three options check under location. I just used my gps all over the country (over 5000 miles driving) and it worked great.

OP
kdw11005

kdw11005

Reaction score
I just went in and checked all 3 under location (I had two checked) and I am running Advanced Taskiller. Thanks for the info about the fix, I will do a search and check it out. Thank you all so much for your help!

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
On the X, a bug causes battery drain if you leave "use wireless networks" checked under location&security. Recommend unchecking until update.

If that doesn't seem to work for you:
-turn off GPS when done using
-turn off WIFI when done using
-reboot after charging
...all of this stuff shouldn't be necessary so hopefully the update will fix it.

Last edited:

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
On the X, a bug causes battery drain if you leave "use wireless networks" checked under location&security. Recommend unchecking until update.

Not sure what this has to do with the OP regarding the GPS.

Here is the proposed fix:

Do you have all three options check under location. I just used my gps all over the country (over 5000 miles driving) and it worked great.

The top option of the 3, use wireless networks, causes severe battery drain on the X because of the bug. Get it now?

If that doesn't seem to work for you:
-turn off GPS when done using
-turn off WIFI when done using
-reboot after charging
...all of this stuff shouldn't be necessary so hopefully the update will fix it.

OP, uninstall that task killer!

Last edited:

tj1772

Reaction score
Yes, GPS with all three settings check will drain your battery fast. Make sure you have oem car charger. If not, it may not keep your battery charged.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Even when gps is not in use, that setting triggers a bug where a software lock is never released by the OS. Here's more info: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...6788-droid-x-battery-problems-discovered.html

Also note, you may want to lower the brightness on the screen or turn the screen off when using gps--even if it's plugged in. Or, put it in the shade if auto-brightness is used. Believe it or not, even when plugged in gps and display can drain battery. This is unrelated to the bug I mentioned.

Last edited:

srnewby

Reaction score
The only problem I am having with GPS is that the phone seems to lose the GPS frequently and it goes back to the menu screen and I have to hit "Navigate" often.