Multiple issues with Droid 2 Global

hobkyl

Reaction score
Glad I found this post!

I am on my 5th Droid. I purchased a Droid (the orig) last year. Several months passed and I began having issues with 3g availability even though I live in an area where there shouldnt be.

I was sent a CPO replacement. This one, the keys on the slide out keyboard came unglued after a month.

I was sent another CPC replacement. Fresh out of the box, the keys were ungluing.

After much *****ing with VZW, they agreed to send me a D2G in new condition.

That worked ok (except still had 3g issues) until 2 weeks ago, when it began powercycling. I also was getting multiple letter entry when typing.

I sent that back for a CPO replacement. Fresh out of the box this continues to powercycle every 10 mins or so. 3g disappears completely. And with very very minor use this morn, the battery died within 3 hours off a full charge. It powercycled in the middle of a conversation with VZW about it and I had to call back on another line.

After much *****ing, they are sending me a CPO Droid Incredible 2. They will not send a new phone of my choice. Basically said theyd waive the fee to cancel service if I wasnt happy.

This will be my 6th phone inside a 2 year contract.

WTF is going on?

Not only am I continuing to pay for my service despite frequent interruptions in my service. I will need to purchase a new holster as well as screen protectors out of my pocket. I will need to set up my screens to my preference. I will need to load my email, set up fb, re download my apps...etc.

And ALL VZW will do is send me a CPO phone that obviously had issues at one time. So Im getting someone elses problem. How about replacing these pieces of **** with a brand new phone at or less than what I originally paid??!!?

This is BS.

Phone has cycled twice since typing.

Please anyone with any information let me know. Or how to escalate this serious inconvenience to someone who gives a **** about my satisfaction as a customer.

BTW...I dont have any task killers or anti spam apps.

Make that 3 times it cycled!!!!:icon_evil:

riguy156

Reaction score
go into verizon and talk only to the manger i was on my 4th lg envy touch and my mom ****ed with them a bit and got the droid 2 global for me so you could basically get any phone u want

Martini13

Reaction score
Hi guys ive been just browsing for months and decided to register and post here. I am on my 4th droid 2 global with all these problems listed.
My phone will be charging, next thing i know its at 20%. Phone reboots when it wants. Freezes. I have no task killers or anti-virus software.
I have my uograde available and was waiting for the bionic. Now i believe it wont be released till after the stupid tier data plans on july 6th.
I may go with the thunderbolt so i can locknin a 4g phone before the new plans and pay 30 for unlimited. Sucks!!!!

riguy156

Reaction score
i did read it i thought u where going through the phone and not in person in person does stuff

kptphalkon

Reaction score
yes, 'does stuff' indeed.

Since getting a droid 2 global I have never once had any issues. I broke the screen after it dropped 3 feet from my lap onto a driveway, had assurion send me a cpo d2g. this phone power cycled during a call (just one time though, which was shortly after it was activated) and had a badly pushed in power button. I called back and they sent me a totally new d2g. no problems at all.

not bad for $90, a few days wait from sunday thru memorial day and til that wednesday, and a phone call If I may say so.