Multiple issues with Droid 2 Global

jeratbp

Reaction score
I've already contacted Cust Service, and was told to take my phone to a Vz store to get a new replacement. My wife has the same phone and hasn't experienced any of the same issues.

1. Phone shut off on it's own. This happened yesterday at work while the phone was sitting on my desk.

2. Unable to scroll/swipe over to read an entire article received in email. I can scroll up/down but not left/right. This is an intermittant issue.

3. Camera button on side of phone doesn't always activate when holding down button. Funny it usually seems to be when there's an opportunity to take a great pic of our kids or something memorable.

Are there any apps that would cause these issues?
ie. Advanced Task Killer etc

Thanks in advance
Jeremy

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree, do not use a task killer. If that doesn't fix it then do a factory data reset out of your privacy settings. Use it without any apps for a day or two and see if you have any issues. Then slowly add the apps back. If the problems start up again you can identify the possible problem apps.

Of course if after the factory data reset it keeps doing it, take it back and get another.

Kimo91

Reaction score
I'm experiencing your third problem on a daily basis and I'm on my 2nd Droid 2....could be software issues causing that. In order to get my camera button to work I have to a: power cycle my phone or b: just add the camera icon to my main page so I can quickly open the camera. I tend to rely on the 2nd option to take pics cause like you too my button tends to fail when I see a Kodak moment

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
95% probability the task killer is at least related to your issues.

I would be willing to bet my bank account that you're wrong. There are too many anti-taskers around here, when the fact of the matter is they are fine if they're used sparingly and on the correct applications. And I don't care what Google developers have said against using them.

Reaction score
95% probability the task killer is at least related to your issues.

I would be willing to bet my bank account that you're wrong. There are too many anti-taskers around here, when the fact of the matter is they are fine if they're used sparingly and on the correct applications. And I don't care what Google developers have said against using them.

Right.. if they're used right, on the right applications.... 99% of users use them improperly, on the improper applications. These forums are littered with posts like "Why does my music stop playing 3 minutes after my screen unlocks?" And the answer is universally because someone has added gallery or music or something like that to their auto kill list. It's not the TKs fault, it's the user's...

OP
J

jeratbp

Reaction score
I removed the Advanced Task Killer, and so far things seem to be working a little better.

I found it was easier to use the Camera app on my phone also, versus trying to use the button. However, I have started using the button more and it seems to be working better.

Thanks for all the advice and help. Now off to ask about bluetooth.

LGOP

Reaction score
I did a factory data reset, but my phone retained all the apps. Did I miss a step? I was having some issues with my phone discharging while in the multimedia dock once it was 100% charged.

Reaction score
I did a factory data reset, but my phone retained all the apps. Did I miss a step? I was having some issues with my phone discharging while in the multimedia dock once it was 100% charged.

No. Google syncs your apps to your account. When you re add your gmail account, it downloads all your apps again.

LGOP

Reaction score
So how do I reset without the apps returning. Just don't login to google account?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Reaction score
You can't not login to a google account. It's a google phone. Just uninstall the apps you don't want before you wipe everything. Then they won't re sync.

LGOP

Reaction score
Since I am trying to figure if an app is causing my glitch I better uninstall them all

Reaction score
I just saw that you're doing this because your phone discharges in the media dock. Does it discharge fully? Or down to 90%, then charge again? If the latter, you don't actually have a problem. I recommend you read this article

LGOP

Reaction score
It does not discharged completely. But less than 90 percent. This only happens when on the dock. Regular charger will charge to 100 percent and remains until morning. Still troubleshooting chargers and phone before returning to verizon