1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Multiple issues with Droid 2 Global

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by jeratbp, Jan 22, 2011.

1. jeratbp

jeratbp New Member

I've already contacted Cust Service, and was told to take my phone to a Vz store to get a new replacement. My wife has the same phone and hasn't experienced any of the same issues.

1. Phone shut off on it's own. This happened yesterday at work while the phone was sitting on my desk.

2. Unable to scroll/swipe over to read an entire article received in email. I can scroll up/down but not left/right. This is an intermittant issue.

3. Camera button on side of phone doesn't always activate when holding down button. Funny it usually seems to be when there's an opportunity to take a great pic of our kids or something memorable.

Are there any apps that would cause these issues?
    ie. Advanced Task Killer etc

Thanks in advance
    Jeremy
  2. brando56894

brando56894 New Member

Remove a task killer if you have one.
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I agree, do not use a task killer. If that doesn't fix it then do a factory data reset out of your privacy settings. Use it without any apps for a day or two and see if you have any issues. Then slowly add the apps back. If the problems start up again you can identify the possible problem apps.

Of course if after the factory data reset it keeps doing it, take it back and get another.
  4. NiceGuysFinishLast

NiceGuysFinishLast New Member

95% probability the task killer is at least related to your issues.
  5. Kimo91

Kimo91 New Member

I'm experiencing your third problem on a daily basis and I'm on my 2nd Droid 2....could be software issues causing that. In order to get my camera button to work I have to a: power cycle my phone or b: just add the camera icon to my main page so I can quickly open the camera. I tend to rely on the 2nd option to take pics cause like you too my button tends to fail when I see a Kodak moment

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  6. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Premium Member Premium Member

I would be willing to bet my bank account that you're wrong. There are too many anti-taskers around here, when the fact of the matter is they are fine if they're used sparingly and on the correct applications. And I don't care what Google developers have said against using them.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  7. NiceGuysFinishLast

Right.. if they're used right, on the right applications.... 99% of users use them improperly, on the improper applications. These forums are littered with posts like "Why does my music stop playing 3 minutes after my screen unlocks?" And the answer is universally because someone has added gallery or music or something like that to their auto kill list. It's not the TKs fault, it's the user's...
  8. jeratbp

jeratbp New Member

I removed the Advanced Task Killer, and so far things seem to be working a little better.

I found it was easier to use the Camera app on my phone also, versus trying to use the button. However, I have started using the button more and it seems to be working better.

Thanks for all the advice and help. Now off to ask about bluetooth.
  9. LGOP

LGOP New Member

I did a factory data reset, but my phone retained all the apps. Did I miss a step? I was having some issues with my phone discharging while in the multimedia dock once it was 100% charged.
  10. NiceGuysFinishLast

No. Google syncs your apps to your account. When you re add your gmail account, it downloads all your apps again.
  11. LGOP

LGOP New Member

So how do I reset without the apps returning. Just don't login to google account?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App
  12. NiceGuysFinishLast

You can't not login to a google account. It's a google phone. Just uninstall the apps you don't want before you wipe everything. Then they won't re sync.
  13. LGOP

LGOP New Member

Since I am trying to figure if an app is causing my glitch I better uninstall them all

14. NiceGuysFinishLast

I just saw that you're doing this because your phone discharges in the media dock. Does it discharge fully? Or down to 90%, then charge again? If the latter, you don't actually have a problem. I recommend you read this article
  15. LGOP

LGOP New Member

It does not discharged completely. But less than 90 percent. This only happens when on the dock. Regular charger will charge to 100 percent and remains until morning. Still troubleshooting chargers and phone before returning to verizon

16. hobkyl

hobkyl New Member

Glad I found this post!

I am on my 5th Droid. I purchased a Droid (the orig) last year. Several months passed and I began having issues with 3g availability even though I live in an area where there shouldnt be.

I was sent a CPO replacement. This one, the keys on the slide out keyboard came unglued after a month.

I was sent another CPC replacement. Fresh out of the box, the keys were ungluing.

After much *****ing with VZW, they agreed to send me a D2G in new condition.

That worked ok (except still had 3g issues) until 2 weeks ago, when it began powercycling. I also was getting multiple letter entry when typing.

I sent that back for a CPO replacement. Fresh out of the box this continues to powercycle every 10 mins or so. 3g disappears completely. And with very very minor use this morn, the battery died within 3 hours off a full charge. It powercycled in the middle of a conversation with VZW about it and I had to call back on another line.

After much *****ing, they are sending me a CPO Droid Incredible 2. They will not send a new phone of my choice. Basically said theyd waive the fee to cancel service if I wasnt happy.

This will be my 6th phone inside a 2 year contract.

WTF is going on?

Not only am I continuing to pay for my service despite frequent interruptions in my service. I will need to purchase a new holster as well as screen protectors out of my pocket. I will need to set up my screens to my preference. I will need to load my email, set up fb, re download my apps...etc.

And ALL VZW will do is send me a CPO phone that obviously had issues at one time. So Im getting someone elses problem. How about replacing these pieces of **** with a brand new phone at or less than what I originally paid??!!?

This is BS.

Phone has cycled twice since typing.

Please anyone with any information let me know. Or how to escalate this serious inconvenience to someone who gives a **** about my satisfaction as a customer.

BTW...I dont have any task killers or anti spam apps.

Make that 3 times it cycled!!!!:icon_evil:
  17. riguy156

riguy156 New Member

go into verizon and talk only to the manger i was on my 4th lg envy touch and my mom ****ed with them a bit and got the droid 2 global for me so you could basically get any phone u want
  18. hobkyl

hobkyl New Member

No offense meant...but please read my entire post.
  19. Martini13

Martini13 New Member

Hi guys ive been just browsing for months and decided to register and post here. I am on my 4th droid 2 global with all these problems listed.
    My phone will be charging, next thing i know its at 20%. Phone reboots when it wants. Freezes. I have no task killers or anti-virus software.
    I have my uograde available and was waiting for the bionic. Now i believe it wont be released till after the stupid tier data plans on july 6th.
    I may go with the thunderbolt so i can locknin a 4g phone before the new plans and pay 30 for unlimited. Sucks!!!!
  20. riguy156

riguy156 New Member

i did read it i thought u where going through the phone and not in person in person does stuff
Search tags for this page
common problems with droid 2

droid 2 global issues

droid 2 global problems

droid 2 global troubleshooting
droid 2 global version problems
droid global 2 problems
motorola driod 2 global problem
motorola droid 2 global
motorola droid 2 global problems
motorola droid global 2 problems
motorola droid global problems