Mucked Up My Gmail Account

Casimira

Reaction score
I have a Samsung Stratosphere that I got in Nov of last year. A week or two ago I noticed I wasn't receiving any new emails in my inbox, even though the notification was turned on. I tried to re-sync but that didn't do anything. I also need to mention that more importantly, when someone replies to an email of mine, even though it will show up in the header, I can't pull it up.

What I did is from the Home Screen ->Settings->Manage Applications->All->Accounts and Sync, I cleared the cache and I also must have cleared data too (oops....)

Now when I go back into the the Account and Sync Settings, everything is grayed out and the numbers all read 0.00

How do I get my new mail to show up in my inbox and also how do I get the replies to show up? My main computer is not working now, so I am using my Stratosphere for all my communications.

I am having several other issues, as well, but this one is the most pressing.

As a caveat, I am not the brightest bulb in the bunch when it comes to all this technology, so please keep it simple for me. I am trying as hard as I can to follow these threads and learn things, but sometimes my eyes just wind up rolling into the back of my head.

Many thanks,
Cas

OP
C

Casimira

Reaction score
For clarification, the new mails are showing up in All Mail, so I can see them, just not in my inbox. I have three accounts and this is affecting all three. When I get on a computer, everything is working fine and all is right with the world.

Thanks for your patience.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Try clearing the cache of the app. Don't worry it won't delete any of your emails.

OP
C

Casimira

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I already did that. The place where it says "Clear cache" is grayed out so I can't clear it anymore and the number next to it is 0.00. Oy....

OP
C

Casimira

Reaction score
Yep. That was next on my list. I am on my email a lot. Should probabaly do it this evening. When I turn on my phone, I get the messagesorry! The application SyncMLSvc (process com.samsung.syncservice) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Then below that it has a bar with the words "Force close" on it. So I hit that to continue on. Don't know if that has anything to do with things or not.

OP
C

Casimira

Reaction score
When I took a look at the Gmail app, it just has an option for me to uninstall the updates, that I can still use the factory version. Yes, I think it would be best to uninstall and install anew. I thin I had already tried it before and that's what I ran up against. Onward.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
hmm that's odd.

If anything I would just reinstall the app, it would take no more than 2 minutes to get everything back up. If that fails I would log out of my gmail account on the device altogether and just log back in.

OP
C

Casimira

Reaction score
So frustrating!!! I am able to manage my accounts from the website, where everything shows up fine. It won't let me reinstall the app, since I can't uninstall it in the first place. I will probably take it back to the store from where I got it and see what they can do. I will follow up and let you know what happens. Thanks again!!!