Multiple Gmail Accounts and my Contacts

mark1wat

Reaction score
Ok, I have tried to find the answer to my question and have not found it. So I am just going to ask.

I have two Gmail accounts. They are both synced and I get emails from both accounts. That part works great.

The problem is this. I have the contacts synced on both accounts from my Droid settings, so I expected to see the contacts from my phone pop up in the Contacts for my second account also, but they don't. I have all of them in the primary account and it works fine, but it shows ZERO contacts in the second account.

Is there something that I am missing?

Silver Member
Reaction score
when you add accounts, you have to specifically identify what account will get the contact. i do not see a way to automatically join the contacts between multiple accounts.

however, you might be able to export your contacts to a csv file and reimport them all on the phone.

OP
M

mark1wat

Reaction score
I don't remember it ever asking me that. Do you know of a way that I can have the contacts be synced between the 2nd account and the phone only instead of the 1st, like it is now?

OP
M

mark1wat

Reaction score
Right now the droid shows that the sync is on for both accounts. When you select each account individually, they both have "Sync Contacts" and "Sync Gmail" checked.

Silver Member
Reaction score
i just did a little googling for you. there's currently no way to sync your contacts between two accounts (even on the phone), but there are third party apps (such as soocial that might help you.

you could try the import/export method on your phone. export from one account and import to another. although i'd suspect that you'd end up with duplicate entries for everything.

JamesX

Reaction score
As warning though Soocial Plugin for Outlook while works also gives you the annoying Crash messages if you don't manually terminate it when you close Outlook.

So to properly quit you have to exit Soocial and Google Sync manually (via the Systembox on the task bar) or they will try to start outlook on their own when syncing and go straight to Outlook's crash dialog.

It is a great service though, even with the crash problem, I still use it :) It syncs my Gmail and Outlook contacts across all my various computers (Office, Home, Laptops).