Much faster than advertised LTE speeds?

TiAgBMWXI

Reaction score
All the reviews and things I read about the Bionic and LTE seem to way under rate the LTE speeds (btw this rant is sparked by apple saying 14.4 Mbps is as fast as real world 4g speeds).

Reviews like this one: Motorola Droid Bionic Review – Verizon Wireless | DroidMatters.comRate the phone at under 12 Mbps.

Am I the only one getting pretty consistent results of over 20 Mbps dl and over 10 up?
Here is my best speed test I've had so far, most of the others are around 25 down

View attachment 41017

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Incredible speeds.... im around 15 down 6 up usually... 10 and 3 at work... 20 and 6 at home ... reached 30 once and 14up

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
I am very curious to see just how much those speeds drop off as the number of LTE users starts to increase....

dyno

Reaction score
I'm getting around 16-24MB download and 5-10MB upload at home.

OP
T

TiAgBMWXI

Reaction score
I am very curious to see just how much those speeds drop off as the number of LTE users starts to increase....

Me too. But ill enjoy it for now while I can... accept i can't bc I only have a 2gb plan...

redfishrun

Reaction score
I'm getting similar over 20 results and glad to have unlimited. I'm curious to see how my Xoom does when i get it back with it's fresh new 4G chip! Too bad that one's not unlimited :-(

bigkhan

Reaction score
I get from 20-30 down and 5-15 up they are not going to see 14 mbps with out being 4G.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tigersharkdude

Reaction score
weird BUT im getting 10,3xx download and 11,5xx upload........................................
2nd test.. 14 down, 11 up

tests at my home

Last edited:

cjsmoove

Reaction score

i don't think we'll see a drop off at all. Verizon is very well prepared and are putting up new towers as we speak besides we already have 4 LTE phones available with probably only 2 more coming this year....We're Good !!!

Al Neri

Reaction score
The first couple of weeks I was getting 25-30 but lately I have been getting 10-17. Never lower than 10 but I am curious why the drop? Don't get me wrong it still downloads songs in about 2 seconds so it is still super fast but I like the bigger numbers.

nailerdog

Reaction score
Speedtest for Android isn't accurate for LTE devices at all. Tether your phone to your PC and run it from your PC to get accurate speed info. You will still be happy with the results but they will be a lot different.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Speedtest for Android isn't accurate for LTE devices at all. Tether your phone to your PC and run it from your PC to get accurate speed info. You will still be happy with the results but they will be a lot different.
See that used to be the case a while ago but the speed tests have gotten a lot better since the Thunderbolt's release.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the reason for this is so that customers don't feel taken. If they were to say LTE 30+MBS and you got that, sometimes... but not always you'd feel like they lied, now... if they say LTE up to X10 faster than 3G and you are actually getting something that is 20-30 times faster, they've just over-delivered. which then makes you feel like you're getting more than you pay for.

pretty sure it's somewhat marketing, and also to cover their ass from false advertising

whiddles

Reaction score
im getting 16.64 to 29.72 Mbps download to 3.26-5.78 Mpbs uploads in Berlin, CT