Moving on up: Version .7 to .8 to .9... or can I SKIP to .9?

OP
Beka27

Beka27

Reaction score
Thank you. I'm currently downloading 8 in the toolbox. I'll give this a shot. I'm at about 50 percent...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you read it, going from 0.7 to a higher ver required a data wipe! From 0.8 to 0.9 does not require a wipe. So you can see why going from 7 to 9 didn't work. Go to 8 then 9.

Edit: oh jeeze Kasey. I didn't read your earlier post and i wrote the same thing. That's hilarious. Now I need to pay more attention!

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9 VZW theme (Mr. Brady)

chefb

Reaction score
So did I but earlier....I hope it all worked out for her.

Reaction score
If you read it, going from 0.7 to a higher ver required a data wipe! From 0.8 to 0.9 does not require a wipe. So you can see why going from 7 to 9 didn't work. Go to 8 then 9.

Edit: oh jeeze Kasey. I didn't read your earlier post and i wrote the same thing. That's hilarious. Now I need to pay more attention!

Looks like we're both tired. Going to 0.8 first wouldn't help though because you still have to do a data wipe going to 0.8. Might as well skip the extra install since a data wipe is required anyway...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
The reason I said that was because 0.9 didn't show up as a zip file in root explorer like the other nightlies. I felt uneasy about that, as I always manually install in cw instead of the toolbox. This time, i flashed 0.8 manually, then used the toolbox to install 0.9.

Reaction score
The reason I said that was because 0.9 didn't show up as a zip file in root explorer like the other nightlies. I felt uneasy about that, as I always manually install in cw instead of the toolbox. This time, i flashed 0.8 manually, then used the toolbox to install 0.9.

Yeah it made me a little uneasy at first too until I found out if I just stick a .zip at the end of it it almost looks identical to the 0.8 file (if you open it up.) I got to LGB 0.9 by downloading it in the toolbox, adding .zip and installing it through CW, so I know that method works. If you're going from 0.7, it makes sense to just download 0.9, add a .zip, reboot into CW, data wipe and install 0.9.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, i thought of that too and I heard one other person doing it. I just played it safe. Good to know it works though.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9 VZW blue theme

OP
Beka27

Beka27

Reaction score
So did I but earlier....I hope it all worked out for her.

It did work... thanks for all your help guys!

I was able to get on .8 with no issues after the initial hiccup. I did what was suggested, downloaded again, selected cancel, and then flashed in the traditional manner.

The Toolbox said that the data wipe was required with .8, and with .9 it said if you're going from .7 or below to wipe data. That's what I tried and it did not download correctly.