Moving on up: Version .7 to .8 to .9... or can I SKIP to .9?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
whats this i hear about a transient ischemic attack?

OP
Beka27

Beka27

Reaction score
^^^lol... I'll be having one if I don't get this phone upgraded soon...

Reaction score
You can go straight to 0.9. Please note that you WILL have to do a wipe data/factory reset going from 0.7 to anything above 0.7, and you won't want to use 0.7 themes with 0.8+, but you can use 0.8 themes with 0.9.

OP
Beka27

Beka27

Reaction score
Cool! Thanks!

Is there a file anywhere for .9? I'm trying to download from the donate toolbox and it's taking an extraordinarily loooooong time... Would it be quicker to just flash thru CW?

OP
Beka27

Beka27

Reaction score
Turns out something went wrong when trying to DL .9. I'm honestly not a fan of the Toolbox for installing these roms. Does anyone have a file I can put directly on my SD card?

My phone crapped out on me but fortunately I was able to get onto CW. I'm installing my backup right now.

OP
Beka27

Beka27

Reaction score
I tried to restore my back-up and it's not working...

Oh wait... there it goes.

Okay. Well I'm restored.

So then as I was saying, anyone have a link to the file for either .8 or .9?

chefb

Reaction score
How did you install?......what was our file name?...

OP
Beka27

Beka27

Reaction score
I tried to download the Lib .9 nightly version from the Toolbox and then install thru that route. It got most of the way and then I got a corrupted file error. I was under the impression from this post and others that I could go directly from .7 to .9, but maybe I can't?

OP
Beka27

Beka27

Reaction score
I went thru Astro, and deleted the "corrupted" download. I threw the phone on the charger for a bit and I'm gonna try again.

"If at first you don't succeed... flash and flash again."

chefb

Reaction score
Sounds like you got a bad down load...some one said you have to wipe if coming from v7....also try redownload( yeah I know.....) and check the file size. The rename the file by adding ( .zip) and flashing it manually in cw. I thought that they might fix that issue but apparently not.

OP
Beka27

Beka27

Reaction score
Does anyone have the .8 or .9 file floating around that I can DL to my computer, move to SD card, wipe data, and install in the traditional manner?

Reaction score
Download it through the Liberty toolbox, then cancel when it asks you to install. It'll be in /sdcard/liberty/nightlies.

Or you can go to [ROM] Liberty Gingerbread sticky (this forum) to download LGB 0.8. 0.9 is only available in the donate toolbox right now.

BTW, when I downloaded 0.9, it didn't have a .zip at the end. If yours doesn't either, you'll want to change the filename to have .zip at the end (if you install it directly from the toolbox you don't have to do that but if you use cwm you need to add the suffix.)