1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Just upgraded from .7 to .9 and now I can't install apps. Please Help!

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM DX' started by cmdixon, Jul 10, 2011.

1. cmdixon

cmdixon New Member

I just updated from .7 to .9. I followed the instructions and wiped data / cache before installing .9. Everything seemed to go great. My phone booted up into .9 and started downloading a couple of apps and then it just quit. I'm trying to get Titanium Backup to install so I can do a restore of my other apps, but I can't get a darn thing to install. I just get "download unsuccessful, please try again".

I did some searching here and on google. I've tried some things mentioned, but so far nothing is working. I tried going in to manage apps and I cleared the data & the cache on the market app, then rebooted. That didn't work. I tried going in to clockwork and clearing cache, but that didn't work. And just recently I removed my SD card, cleared data & cache on the market app, rebooted and that didn't work.

Anyone have any other suggestions. I'm not sure what else to try. I am pretty new to all of this. Although I started with Liberty 2 something, then went to Liberty GB .5, then Liberty GB .7 and now I'm shooting for Liberty GB .9. At any rate, if you have any suggestions, please consider me a newbie. :)

Thanks! Colleen
  2. Kasey Krehbiel

Kasey Krehbiel New Member

Try flashing .9 again. Sometimes that works out the bugs. Otherwise you might want to start with a fresh install from SBF.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  3. cmdixon

cmdixon New Member

Thanks Kasey. I'm trying that now. Took me a minute to find the zip, but then I remembered reading that when the file downloads it doesn't have the .zip extension. I fixed that and it's going now. I'll report back shortly.
  4. cmdixon

cmdixon New Member

Well, flashing .9 again didn't work. Ugh! Guess it's going to be a long night.
  5. Beka27

Beka27 New Member

This happened with my husband's phone earlier when I was putting on .9. I had to install the free version of tb and then the pro version worked.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  6. cmdixon

cmdixon New Member

Well, everything is working again. I had to wipe data / factory reset, reinstall liberty and now everything is downloading. Thank goodness!
Search tags for this page

when+upgrade+rom,+can't+install+the+previous app