movies to droid x

hossdcop

Reaction score
I want to put some shows and movies on my Droid so my kid can watch them. I have tried the Blockbuster App, but it has taken my money twice, and not delivered. I don't like it much. I would like to take a movie that I already own and put it on my Droid, or buy one off of Itunes or something close. Any help?

Duncan

PS I am not very Droid savy

goracer

Reaction score
Seeing as you said you are a novice with this then I can assume correctly you don't have player apps installed. You can use the default player app but it is limited on what it can play. So what you want to do is connect the DX to your PC in select PC mode. When you copy the movie over it will ask if you want it converted and you will select "yes". This may take several hours per movie.

peterpaul

Reaction score
I tried the same thing and after hours of "trying" to copy the mover over several times I just comied the movies over without converting and all but one played perfectly. Only took a few minutes that way. I would try this first instead of wasting hours on the conversion that may never complete. If the movies won't play, then using some other converter on your pc would be much faster than the pc-droidx converter.

hbniner

Reaction score
If you have Tivo, you can install Tivo Desktop Plus on your PC. This software allows you to transfer anything you record on your Tivo to your PC and then converts it to play on any compatible mobile device.

You have to pay for the Plus version, but it'll probably be cheaper than buying videos over and over from iTunes or buying video conversion software.

dennyjones

Reaction score
playing avi files on dx

I downloaded Rockplayer and it will play .avi files on my dx. Strongly recommended. I just copied the movies from my hard drive directly to the dx without conversion.

Denny

someotherguy

Reaction score
I use Anydvd in a combination with CloneDVD Mobile and optimize the screen resolution to that of the droids then optimize quality to leave the file just under 2gb.

Reaction score
Try ANYVIDEOCONVERTER it's free and works really well for rendering the format you want for the phone :).

Sent from Android Maniac's DROIDX using DROIDFORUMS.app

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll make a pitch for DVD Catalyst (I know how much it makes him happy). His program works well, as does an open source project called Handbrake.

I recommend the former for the novice, and the latter for power users and setting junkies.

dennyjones

Reaction score
Convert movies

If you must convert movies...I have used and strongly recommend DVDFab. It will format any movie to any format. Easy to use and the results are fantastic.

Denny

Last edited:

samandhi

Reaction score
If you are just downloading movies from itunes, then all you need to do is hook your phone to your pc, and set your phone to mass storage device. Then just copy the movie to your device using regular windows explorer. It is already in mp4 format, which the default player can play.
If you are wanting to use your own dvds, then you will have to learn how to rip, then re encode in another format. There are lots of ways to do it, but you might need to learn something about it even for the easiest method. Hope that helped some.
Here is a great web site to get you started. With this site you can decide for yourself which method you like best.

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdbackup

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll make a pitch for DVD Catalyst (I know how much it makes him happy). His program works well, as does an open source project called Handbrake.

I recommend the former for the novice, and the latter for power users and setting junkies.

Hey there:) I tried DVD Catalyst a few times and could only get the movie to play w/no sound. Any advice? I gave up and haven't tried for a month. Just cause it took an hour or so to convert on the computer. But it only took minutes to move to phone. After 3-4 tries I got fed up.

But once I open files through the phone there are no audio files to be found.