Movies on Droid X?

Escout

Reaction score
Use DVDcatalyst 4.0 to convert your DVD's to your phone format, use act 1 video player to view on phone. DVD catalyst will transfer the movie to your phone through your charging cable if you plug it into your USB in your computer. I have used this for some time now, I have all three Lord of the Rings, Avatar, Stealth, Knowing, all of the Stargate series and tons more. You can’t go wrong with these two programs even though you will have to lay out some cash for them, it is minimal and very well worth it!

You can also download use DVDcatalyst Free for whatever phone you have, convert the video, copy it to the phone, then open it under files

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Bump for some help. Really? No one can help? I know I have a thousand + posts and should know this, but I don't. I got very frustrated with it and have up after a half dozen tries.

Someone give me feedback. Thanks.

Tap'n from DX while sit'n by a PC.

Will vplayer or another player render your transcoded file?

---------------------
fivefour on xda
@f1vefour on twitter

I have no idea. That is why I'm asking for a detailed description on how to do it:)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

Launch market, hit search, type vplayer, install, launch, browse to movie.avi/mkv/mp4..etc..etc

If you don't see vplayer in the market it is likely your device does not support the needed neon CPU instruction.

There is no need to transcode the movie, vplayer handles most formats.

---------------------
fivefour on xda
@f1vefour on twitter

dagrainger

Reaction score
OK, So here is the process I use to get playable movies on my phone (Droid X).

I create an "archival" backup of my DVD on my PC. I happen to use DVD Decrypter v3.5.4.0

This will create a folder with multiple VOB, BUP and IFO files. These files are not playable on your phone.

Next I use Handbrake to convert these files to an m4v file. I connect my phone to my PC via USB, and copy the file to a folder called Movies. This file is playable by your stock video player on your phone. No need to install additional software, unless you would like to.

That's it... no more to it. It is really not exceedingly complicated, you just need the correct parts...

I am not saying anything anyone else has told you is incorrect, this is just the way I do it.

Hope this helps...

BigEd

Reaction score
a new wrinkle

Ok, how about this.

Recently purchased a blu-ray dvd that has a digital copy. (all legal-like)
The digital copy requires either iTunes (which for various reasons, I refuse to have on my computer) or synch with Windows Media Player.

WMP, of course, will not load it to my Droid X because it doesn't think that it handles DRM correctly.

Any suggestions?

BigEd

Reaction score
Nevermind, I am a moron.

Turns out it works much better when you set the usb mode to "windows sync"

Duh.