Movie File Types that Droid X will play?

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link, or know what movie file types will playback on my Droid X?

I know YouTube and Blockbuster apps will do this, but I will be in an area where Internet/Cell phone signal is sparce (at best) and I wanted to take some of my "ripped" DVD videos and put them on my phone to watch.

I can probably experiment tonight with it, but was hoping it's documented somewhere so I don't have to do trial and error.

Rajman

Reaction score
I've been using Rock Player on my Droid and its great plays tons of formats and I don't need to re-encode or anything.

RockPlayer

OP
WorldOfJohnboy
Reaction score
I've been using Rock Player on my Droid and its great plays tons of formats and I don't need to re-encode or anything.

RockPlayer

Thanks for the tip!

I have CloneDVDMobile that I purchased and use to rip movies, so I will likely try the native app on the Droid X and if that doesn't work, use RockPlayer.

OP
WorldOfJohnboy
Reaction score
Well, I ripped a DVD to DivX and it wouldn't play with the native Media Player, so I got RockPlayer. WOW, worked like a freaking charm! dancedroid

Thanks for the heads up on that. The only problem is that the video is a bit "choppy." (It may just be the way that I ripped the DVD though.)

Thanks again!

Niemand

Reaction score
Folder name

What folder name does one create for movie? is it movies?

chops

Reaction score
Get xscope and select your phone to look like a iphone go to i4iphones.info and look around on there website and amazing things will happen!!!!! Lol

venum67

Reaction score
Tried downloading rockplayer and it wont let me activate...am i doing something wrong??

OP
WorldOfJohnboy
Reaction score
Tried downloading rockplayer and it wont let me activate...am i doing something wrong??

Must be... installed, purchased and activated on my phone like a charm. I think you have to pay the person via PayPal, then type in the key or something like that.

The funny thing is that it's clearly made by an Asian company... the PayPal transaction was in Chinese or Japanese and even some parts of the program are written in "Engrish."

ccerino

Reaction score
ArcMedia is another "all formats" player as well.

I have actually found it a bit better than RockPlayer ( and I loved RockPlayer)